NYC to ban N-word

guest301

Hall of Famer
You cannot start banning words in a free country, no matter how repugnant the word. How these people don't recognize the slippery slope this kind of law would put us on is beyond me. This is what the secular progressives are all about. I guess it's still ok to say cracker, honkey and white boy.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The outcome of this will be that blacks can use the word n***a freely, but whites and other races will be charged with hate crimes for using the word 'n***er.'

White Shogun said:
The outcome of this will be that blacks can use the word n***a freely, but whites and other races will be charged with hate crimes for using the word 'n***er.'

Shogun, this is how it pretty much is now. I've already heard of people getting arrested and have charges filed against them for calling a black person a "n*gger". If the lawmakers in NYC are going to ban the word, then they have to make all variations of it illegal for ANYONE to use. But we all know that will never happen.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
This is a total abridgement to the 1st Amendment. I would expect this type of totalitarian law proposal from leftist "Noo Yawk" (or San Fransicko or Filthadelphia for that matter). Just like bogus "Hate Crime" laws, this is another attempt to implement an Orwellian, controlled society where basic freedoms are slowly taken from the populace. If the ACLU is so big on protection of civil liberties, let's see them file suit against NYC for this proposal. If they don't, then they've exposed themselves as hypocrites. Either way, this proposal needs to be scrapped asap. It's all about defending the Constitution from an overzealous government.Edited by: DixieDestroyer

GWTJ

Mentor
The town of Raritan, NJ has a 'No swearing in public law'. It was passed sometime in the 1990's.
smiley7.gif