Nonwhites cast as real life White heroes

Michael

Mentor
An article entitled "Unstoppable Racial Revisionism"

The new movie Unstoppable promises to be an action-packed thriller inspired by real events. Denzel Washington stars as a heroic engineer who jumps in to stop a runaway train. He's described as the "veteran"Â￾ who's presumably assisted by a junior conductor played by Chris Pine, a white actor.

One small problem: the real-life hero, Jon Hosfeld, is white. I see no evidence that he was guided in his heroism by a black supervisor.

But as with the depiction of a multicultural trio of firefighters raising the flag after 9/11 â€" when in fact, the three firemen were all white â€" our image-makers favor racial romanticism over racial reality. I say boycott the movie.

http://blog.vdare.com/archives/2010/11/09/unstoppable-racial-revisionism/

Charlie

Guru
If 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' can have a white actor in blackface portraying a black actor, Danny Glover in 'Lethal Weapon', then why can't Denzel Washington be in whiteface to play a real-life white character? I don't think anyone would be offended. I'd pay to see it.

'Why did I, Denzel Washington, choose this role? The challenge. The challenge of being my usual heroic self and then taking that extra step. Could I be white? Even for the few weeks it took to film? I realized I was breaking new ground, but if Denzel isn't a pioneer then he simply isn't Denzel.

Do I think of myself as the black James Whitmore? No, no I rather think of James Whitmore as being the white Denzel Washington. Denzel considers a sense of perspective essential in such matters.'Edited by: Charlie