No Freedom To Criticize T.J.

bigunreal

Mentor
Here is another sad story from Don King's America:

(B)-- Radio Host Fired for Mouthing Off at T.J. --[/b]
Thu Nov 2, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN reports longtime Cincinnati sports radio commentator Andy Furman was fired Wednesday, nearly a month after calling Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh a "racist" during station WLW's weeknight sports talk show, according to a report Wednesday in the Cincinnati Enquirer. Furman made the comments on Oct. 6, one day after Houshmandzadeh failed to make a scheduled, paid appearance on the show. Clear Channel, the company that owns WLW, made the decision to dismiss Furman, according to his attorney. During the show on Oct. 6, Furman accused Houshmandzadeh of calling him a "punk-a-- white boy," according to the newspaper. Houshmandzadeh denied making that remark. "I told him, 'Andy Furman, you can f--- yourself.' That's the bottom line. And he twisted it into all whatever he wants to," Houshmandzadeh said. "What he did was wrong ... This time he took it too far." Furman, along with other WLW personalities, has a history of making controversial and inflammatory comments on the air. The station has led the Cincinnati-area ratings for more than six years, according to the paper.-- [/b]

This is probably a good example of why white sports reporters, on the rare occasion they get their mouths away from the black posteriors of their heroes, are terrified to say anything the least bit critical of ANY black athlete. Imagine if the roles were reversed here; if some black reporter spoke out in anger against one of the myriad of "overrated" white NFL players because he'd called him a "punk ass black boy." The white player's career would be over. Period. There would be serious tones and worried expressions emanating from the lame, wannabe comedians on ESPN. There would an "Outside The Lines" special devoted to the subject. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would provide their predictable input.

Bunnyman

Guru
There is no clearer indication of the REAL racism in America than this incident.

Bunnyman

Guru
Think Shannon Briggs will get fired for this remark? Or is this a little "different"?

"Briggs claims that his fire has been fueled by a supposed racial remark directed toward him from Liakhovich. He angrily remarked, "I heard he called my a ****** through somebody else. That's a touchy subject. A ****** means ignorant person. I'm a be ignorant Saturday night, very ignorant."

bigunreal

Mentor
"I'm a be ignorant?" Wow- you usually don't get such accurate quotes in the media. I guess he proved his point, though- about not being ignorant, that is.