Nike and Kobe

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Accused rapist and well-known unselfish player (
smiley36.gif
) Kobe Bryant now gracing Nike's latest ad campaign. Can't you just see the reactions of all the young white girls -- "Oh, he's soooo cute!"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2104346

As soon as the accusation was made, a drumbeat of attacks on the accuser began. A "fan" even threatened to kill her. At the preliminary, the judge was cracking jokes with the defense lawyer, and allowed the accuser's name to go out on court documents. The local DA, whoapparently did not pay attention to the OJ trial, seemed surprised that trying a popular black "sports hero" would be troublesome.

As far as selling Nike products, they must figure the rape accusation doesn't hurt. I remember reading when it first happened that it would increase Bryant's "street cred."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very good points.It is very sad that America looks up to
these guys.You couldn't pay me to get his autograph or
have me go see him play.The difference is that he hides it
better than like a Mike Tyson.When will people ever learn
what these guys are all about.

White_Savage

Mentor
Guys, though it is rare for me to defend a *******, and I've never paid a cent to see one of their games or willingly watched one dunk a ball, I must say I'm even less inclined to defend a whore who admitted going to said '*****'s hotel room willingly. This may sound harsh, but white girls who think the ball-dunkers are "oh so cute" maybe deserve an abject lesson in what these people are really likeEdited by: White_Savage