NFL personnel concerned by marijuana 'epidemic'

Highlander

Mentor
NFL personnel concerned by marijuana 'epidemic' in 2010 Draft</font>

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/23/nfl.draft.marijuana/index.html

Excerpt:

"...According to one veteran club personnel man, 10 or 11 players who carry
first-round draft grades on their board this year have been red-flagged
for marijuana use in college
, an estimate echoed by two clubs' head
coaches. Another NFL head coach estimated that "one-third'' of the
players on his club's draft board had some sort of history with
marijuana use and would thus require an extra level of evaluation
as
part of the pre-draft scouting process...
Marijuana use is almost epidemic
, with more guys having tested positive
for marijuana at some point in their college background
than I can ever
remember,'' said a longtime team personnel man. "It's almost as if we
are having to figure out a new way to evaluate it as part of the
character and background report, because it's so prevalent. There are
enough instances of it that it's hard to know how to set your board.
You
can't throw out that many guys
. You have to go case-by-case and do your
homework on them.''

Yes, you can "...throw out that many guys", because there are many better ones (athletically, academically, and morally) available to draft instead...they just don't happen to have the requisite skin color or behavior issues.

You have to wonder when the NFL owners will finally wake up and realize how much easier it would be (and more profitable for them as well) to fill their rosters with guys like Toby Gerhart, Blair White, Tim Tebow, etc., etc. instead of semi-literate, dope-smoking, "Snoop Dogg" wannabees.
Edited by: Highlander

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the notion that NFL GMs are "suddenly" aware of the overwhelming numbers of blacks smoking pot is ludicrous. i've played sports, and unfortunately worked, around blacks much of my life. and virtually all of them smoke weed.

i often make the comparison White folks eat macaroni and cheese. blacks smoke pot.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
the notion that NFL GMs are "suddenly" aware of the overwhelming numbers of blacks smoking pot is ludicrous. i've played sports, and unfortunately worked, around blacks much of my life. and virtually all of them smoke weed.
<div> </div>
<div>i often make the comparison White folks eat macaroni and cheese. blacks smoke pot.
smiley36.gif
</div>

True! I've worked with 50+ year old black men and everyone of them was a pot smoker. Pot is like basketball for black people, all blacks have to do it and consider themselves experts at it.

Nice that the clueless honkies that drive the NFL slave trade are just now noticing that every brother in the draft tokes. But seriously they do not care one whit. Pot smoking, like violent crime is so common among black football players that it's more of a plus then a minus.

They should not even test for pot. It does not enhance performance, if anything it hinders it. Testing for pot is a waste of time and money.

There are far more important character issues to consider in my opinion.

speedster

Mentor
Not trying to one-up you Jaxvid but there was a black guy at my gym who at the age of 75 smoked pot and his voice went all smooth as he said"Oh,I like that"and you could just see the love in his eyes believe it or not.It's a part of them,it's who they are.

whiteCB

Master
Well white people love to drink booze and black people love to smoke the reefer. Some people like lettuce on their burgers and some like tomatoes on their burgers. What ever feeds your appetite so long as you don't harm anyone else is your own prerogative. There's nothing inherently evil about smoking weed. I pray California voters pass the Cannabis Tax Act this fall.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
It just seems that maybe they like the criminal element of it and getting away with it. They seem to think it's somehow cool amongst the "bruthus" (a ridiculous and somewhat blasphemous term in and of itself). Criminality being commonplace and looking up to the example of toking gangsta rap thugs seems to be the shameless and even sought after trait among them. Wake up the DWF to the nonsense!

whiteCB

Master
BeyondFedUp said:
It just seems that maybe they like the criminal element of it and getting away with it. They seem to think it's somehow cool amongst the "bruthus" (a ridiculous and somewhat blasphemous term in and of itself). Criminality being commonplace and looking up to the example of toking gangsta rap thugs seems to be the shameless and even sought after trait among them. Wake up the DWF to the nonsense!

WOW...really man!? They like to smoke the reefer because of the criminal element attached to it. Is this why white people enjoyed drinking alcohol so much while it was illegal during prohibition back in the day because they got a "rush" off of breaking the law. No they didn't and no the "bruthers" don't smoke weed because of its illegal status. Perhaps they just prefer smoking a natural herb compared to shots of Jack Daniels that's all. Lord knows that's why I toke it up. lol

white is right

Hall of Famer
While agree weed should be legal. But come on the criminal element controls weed. I would say illegal narcotics causes 4/5ths the murders in Toronto.

whiteCB

Master
white is right said:
While agree weed should be legal. But come on the criminal element controls weed. I would say illegal narcotics causes 4/5ths the murders in Toronto.

You're 100% right pal. However, it is not the illegal narcotics that cause the murders but rather the black market. Just like during alcohol prohibition it wasn't the whiskey or gin that caused murders on the streets but the fact that they were an illegal commodity.

Ron Paul: "If you want to put an end to drug crime get get rid of the drug laws."