New Prisons = New Jobs

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've heard Alex Jones say that once the economy fully implodes, the only jobs left (for those not hauled off to FEMA camps)....will be those guarding them.

Milledgeville Prison Would Add 300 Jobs

Associated Press

A 1,500-bed prison scheduled to open in Milledgeville in 2012 is expected to bring 300 jobs to the area.

The Macon Telegraph reports that GEO Group Inc. is contracted to build the facility in south Baldwin County, adjacent to the existing Baldwin State Prison.

Under an agreement with the Georgia Department of Corrections, GEO will finance, develop and operate the $80 million facility.

It will house medium security inmates.

http://www.ajc.com/news/milledgeville-prison-would-add-576213.html

Europe

Mentor
What a successfull country we have. I am sure they'll throw some jaywalkers in there.

Highlander

Mentor
DixieDestroyer said:
I've heard Alex Jones say that once the economy fully implodes, the only jobs left (for those not hauled off to FEMA camps)....will be those guarding them.
Those, or wonderful opportunities awaiting you serving your country (errr, I mean, the International Banksters and Zionists) by fighting wars of Empire in Iraq, Afghanistan, or whomever else in the near future (Iran, Pakistan.)

"I see skies of blue and clouds of white..."

Paleocon

Guru
Will any of these new "jobs" not be funded by tax dollars? We have to pay taxes to hire the prison guards who are taxed along with us to pay for the inmates. It might be necessary but it is an economic loss not a new job. Instead of new prisons we need to end the drug war and explore the possibility of using restitution instead of jail for many crimes.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The US needs to stop putting so many people in jail. There is around 2 million people incarcerated in this country this very minute. That's ridiculous. Of course dangerous criminals need to be locked up but putting people in jail for simple drug possession charges is absurd.

whiteCB

Master
DixieDestroyer said:

Milledgeville Prison Would Add 300 Jobs

Associated Press

A 1,500-bed prison scheduled to open in Milledgeville in 2012 is expected to bring 300 jobs to the area.

The Macon Telegraph reports that GEO Group Inc. is contracted to build the facility in south Baldwin County, adjacent to the existing Baldwin State Prison.

Under an agreement with the Georgia Department of Corrections, GEO will finance, develop and operate the $80 million facility.

It will house medium security inmates.

http://www.ajc.com/news/milledgeville-prison-would-add-576213.html

Hey at least the prison company's stock will go up!! What's good for shareholders is good for America!..Right??
smiley5.gif