New Orleans is back on top!

white is right

Hall of Famer
I always new the "Big Sleazy" had problems with 3 Card Monte and brothels. But now its back on top the murder list. Passing fine cities like Detroit, Camden and Washington D.C. So much for Katrina sweeping away the filth and distributing it through out the south west.....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif
Here is the AP story...New Orleans again U.S. murder capital

Tue Jun 2, 3:40 PM

By The Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans is once again the U.S. murder capital after briefly losing the title.

Fresh FBI statistics show that with 64 killings per 100,000 people in 2008, New Orleans had the highest per capita murder rate in the country - well ahead of second-place St. Louis, which had 47 murders per 100,000 people.

Baton Rouge, which gained population after hurricane Katrina in 2005, came in seventh with 30 murders per 100,000.

The FBI's report bases its per capita number on a New Orleans population of 281,440 for July 1, 2008.

The Greater New Orleans Community Data Center put the city's population for the first half of 2008 at 324,357.

But even using the higher estimate, the city recorded 55 murders per 100,000 to still lead the country. Edited by: white is right

guest301

Hall of Famer
It's stupid for anybody to be living in the world's biggest fishbowl anyway. To build a city below sea level near the coastline is just crazy. I would never want to visit New Orleans, let alone live there. That voodoo, corrupt and crime ridden city is on borrowed time right now and the clock is ticking.

Tom Iron

Mentor
guest301,

They did the same with St. Petersburg in Russia. It was below sea level also. That didn't bother Peter the Great though. They say a hundred thousand peasants died draining those swamps. You know how the Russians are when it comes to expending lives.

Tom Iron...

guest301

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron, It's always nice to learn a little history, thanks. I think we are all expendable these days while the powers that be do their thing.

I wonder how much of the violence is between Blacks and the mexicans they imported to rebuild NO. You know blacks are too lazy to do any real work. When youmove mexicans into an area, they stay there and claim that they always been there.
Just another example of diversity in the USA.

whiteCB

Master
When I visited New Orleans (had a great time) I knew something was up when the taxi "cabs", more like Chevy Tahoes/Suburbans, had 20" rims on them. I thought "Oh my God what kind of ghetto ass city has taxis' with rims". Also I didn't realize how close the projects were to the French Quarter. It's a 15 minute walk from Mardi Gras party central to building after building after building of ghetto ass projects. New Orleans is the kind of city to fly in on a Thursday and leave Sunday. You really don't want to stay any longer. By then your liver will have shut down and the hangovers start to get old.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Not my idea of a good time WhiteCB but to each his own.

dwid

Hall of Famer
its actually less than 15 minutes from Bourbon St to the Iberville projects, and lots of drunk people who wonder a few streets down have been robbed. Never pass N. Rampart. Well in fact, the people who live in the ghetto frequent the quarter quite a bit, so you have to keep your guard up quite a bit. Just the other day someone was murdered on Conti and Bourbon which is close to the start of the Bourbon, close to Canal St., a very busy area, this happened in daylight I believe.

and never fall for the "I bet i know where you got your shoes at?" routine, ON YOUR FEET or ON the Ground. Sometimes they can be more aggressive and just throw goo on your shoe and proceed to wash them for you, no matter the type of shoe, suede, tennis shoes, it doesnt matter. Then they will demand you give them money for their services, and most cowardly tourists give in.

My friend was robbed at gunpoint and he was with another guy and a chick and he said he wasnt giving him sh*t, but the lady was digging in her purse and had money and then my friend said "dont give that dude sh*t", got shot in the stomach and the other guy got shot in the arm. The guy got 0 dollars and ran off. This was on the other side of Canal St. which is considered the Central Business District, which is a nice area, and then after that is Uptown where the Garden District is located, and where Eli and Payton Manning were raised. I think it was 1st street and something else. I know it was definitely on the left side of St Charles where the nicer houses are.

New Orleans is a weird city, its not like other cities, such as Atlanta, where there is a designated spot for the projects and lower income families. You will have 700,000 dollar to 1 million dollar houses on one street and then 8 blocks down is the ghetto (one block in New Orleans is very small, basically a street). So the poor and rich are all mixed together and you have to be careful where you go. Luckily the Magnolia and other projects have been torn down but there are still section 8 houses and poor people living in the area. Rich private school kids could take a 5 minute bus ride and score heroin or coke and ride back to their nice homes and their parents would never know.

(Lots of rich kids snort heroin here and it is not seen as a big deal, unless you inject it, for some reason if you inject it you are a junkie but if you snort it you arent...Both ways are addicting). I guess they want to be like the rappers like BG who often talk about snorting dope. Dope snorting is also common with the black community and they have the same attitude, that they arent addicted if they snort it, and they view it no differently than if it were smoking weed.

And now lots of them also pop x pills every day like its no big deal, but that is the most dangerous, doing it every day will fry your brain.

This city is full of degenerates and I cant wait to get as far away as possible. I am 30 minutes outside of it now and it is still not far enough.

I dont have a problem with drug users but its the drug business that creates the most crime. After Katrina everyone has been displaced and nobody lives in the same area they did before the storm. Before the hurricane drug turf was established (usually by wards) and every now and then people would cross the line and it would lead to violence and murders. Now its every man for himself, all areas are up for grabs for drug dealers to settle, kind of how America was at first, but for drug dealers. So there is no established drug turf and people are killing each other over who sells what/where, the worst area now is New Orleans East where alot of dealers have set up shop.

And the blacks do not get along with mexicans. The mexicans have a gang that also sells drugs and lots of them have been murdered in the process of trying to sell drugs here. Also the mexican workers are frequently robbed and shot because it is known that they carry large amounts of cash to send back to Mexico.

We have the National Guard and the FBI "helping" out NOPD and this still goes on. A great deal of them must be crooked and involved with the drug trade because they havent slowed anything down.

and as for how some of this swamp was carved out, it wasnt done by a majority of black slaves like most would have you believe, it was done by the Irish, just like the New Basin Canal.

"The New Basin Canal was constructed by the New Orleans Canal and Banking Company, incorporated in 1831 with a capital of 4 million United States dollars. The intent was to build a shipping canal from Lake Pontchartrain through the swamp land to the booming Uptown or "American" section of the city, to compete with the existing Carondelet Canal in the Downtown Creole part of the city. Work commenced the following year. Yellow fever ravaged workers in the swamp in back of the town, and the loss of slaves was judged too expensive, so most of the work was done by Irish immigrant laborers. The Irish workers died in great numbers, but the Company had no trouble finding more workers to take their place, as shiploads of poor Irishmen arrived in New Orleans, and many were willing to risk their lives in hazardous backbreaking work for a chance to earn $1 a day.

Only the strongest survived and around 8,000 died in that project alone. So I am lucky to be here.Edited by: dwid