Natural Athletes

C Darwin

Mentor
From ESPN.com...

New England Patriots safety Rodney Harrison will be suspended by the NFL for four games because he admitted to federal investigators that he obtained Human Growth Hormone, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Link

Gotta Love It!

Could be bittersweet. Rodney has been a dirty player (knocking out Trent Green when Trent was with the Rams on a dirty play to get Kurt Warner in at QB and the rest is history) but now this opens the door wide open for Brandon Merriweather and who knows where that could lead to.
smiley5.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
mrjohnnynofear said:
Could be bittersweet. Rodney has been a dirty player (knocking out Trent Green when Trent was with the Rams on a dirty play to get Kurt Warner in at QB and the rest is history)

Are you saying that Rodney Harrison knocked Trent Green out of the game for the express purpose of getting Kurt Warner into the game?

I misworded that White Shogun. It was a preseason game, and Rodney had a direct shot at Trent and for some reason he went directly for Trent Green's legs/knees after he thew the ball instead of going for the chest. I did word that wrong, sorry about that. Thanks for pointing out that error. He probably didn't care about who was the backup, but he did want to take someone out.

A little interesting find...From the mouth of Marshall Faulk, no less.

http://www.footballhuddles.com/showarticle.php?s=9284c2a624c c00f5e4608d4b049a0032&threadid=63878

Faulk noted Monday that. he had an unusual role in the development of that team - the injury during a 1999 exhibition game in San Diego to Trent Green that forced the Rams to go with Warner, an untested, undrafted free-agent backup at quarterback.

``There's kind of an unwritten rule among veterans in those games that when the play is over, you stopped,'' Faulk said. ``I was blocking on Rodney Harrison and we had some things going between us. But I kind of let up and he kept going and he hit Trent. So when Kurt was forced to play, I kind of felt responsible and really wanted to make up for it.''

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
No problem, Johnny, I had never heard that before and wondered if there was some other kinda conspiracy at work, a la Buddy Ryan from the old Philly days where he was alleged to have put contracts out on opposing players, offering his guys money if they'd take them out. Thanks for explaining.

Interesting gem from Faulk, thanks for posting. So much for unwritten rules (TNB.)