NAACP seeks GA apology for slavery

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Another load of horsepuckey from the vermin at the NAACP. In my estimation, they're just trying to pave the way for eventual reparations lawsuits. This is complete BS, and if the GA General Assembly bows to this extortion attempt, it'll be a real shameful day for my great state!
smiley5.gif
smiley7.gif

NAACP Seeks (GA) State Apology for Slavery

By ERNIE SUGGS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/07/07

The Georgia NAACP is calling for the state to issue an apology for its role in slavery.

The request came in the form of a letter sent to Gov. Sonny Perdue, followed by a Wednesday afternoon press conference on the steps of the state Capitol.

"The time is right for Georgia to take a bold stand and apologize to its citizens for slavery and segregation in our state," said NAACP President Edward O. DuBose at the press conference.

The request comes a little more than a week after the state of Virginia offered its own expression of "profound regret" for the state's role in slavery. Lawmakers in Missouri and Tennessee have also begun discussion about an apology.

DuBose said the group is asking that a bill be introduced and a resolution issued by the Georgia General Assembly openly apologizing for slavery and Jim Crow laws that mandated "separate but equal" status for African-Americans.

The NAACP is hoping that the bill passes before the Legislature adjourns in April.

"Governor Perdue has the opportunity to let his legacy reflect, that on his watch, he took a stand to unite Georgia by becoming the first governor to acknowledge these wrongs," DuBose said.
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

C Darwin

Mentor
DD

Do you think the apology might be inevitable? If so, would it be
better sooner than later? If not, do you think the State Government
will stand up and acknowledge that there is nobody alive that is
responsible for slavery and therefore, no apology can be given?

I personally think Georgia should apologise for allowing slavery. Just think how much nicer Georgia would be if he had not allowed a few lazy greedy planters to import all those African. Yes, indeed Georgia owes it's white citizenry an apolgogy for allowing blacks to be brought to their state.

JD074

Master
I like how you turned that around, Tired Old White! And you're absolutely right, of course. Slavery has been terrible for us. I'm sure it was started by the same kind of people who want to flood our country and economy with 3rd World cheap labor today. We would be so much better off if slavery never happened.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
C Darwin, I don't think it's necessarily inevitable, but there's a chance they may bow down. I've already e-mailed my state Senator & Congressman and demanded they dare not bow to this extortion attempt by the scumbag NAACP. Fortunately, I'm in a good, conservative district/area with good Reps.

TOW, good one partner!
smiley2.gif

Bottom line...I think these state legislatures need to collectively "grow a pair" & give the ol' middle finger "salute" to those race-baiting, victimology-pimps at the NAACP!