my days in mexico

waterbed

Mentor
When I was in mexico I saw a lot of whites.I thought they were all mestiza's like in the movies.But like 30 or 40 % looked white like myself to me.The mestiza's are very small like 5-6 feet the men on average at the most.It looks like they think they are really gangsta but they did nice to me or they wouldn't want to come into fight.In the begining they all thinked I was mexican.Maybe a bit big mexican:)I'm only 6-1 but in mexico I was tall but that is not tall in my country. it's a bit under average for a white here.

I wonder why in movies mexicans or latinas are always shown as non whites? To me latino means nothing only that you speak latin language.

This is very true waterbed. I went to Mexico city in 2004 (traveled around much of Michuacan). I was shocked at the amount of European people I saw there. Not tourist either, but residents. I know a little about Mexico's history (with white Spaniards laying their seed their) so I expected to see some European features their. However what took me by surprise was the sheer number of European people I saw. In fact, me being one who has a interest in politics and people discussed several things with locals I met their. I remember one Mexican dude telling me that he thought that Africans were born to be slaves. The conversation was long, but that is one thing he said to me that stuck out. Anyway, I had a good time, and if I am ever in the area of North America again I would probably set aside a week or so to visit.Edited by: aussieaussie31

Solomon Kane

Mentor
I have watched some interesting videos on youtube produced by white European mexicans. They stress the fact that they want to distance themselves from the "mestizo" "brown" culture so frequently associated with Mexico. They are proud of their European roots and they seem to understand the resentment of Americans against the massive "brown invasion." They themselves want to remain in Mexico and raise healthy white families in a white community.

Apparently there mennonite,italian, and swedish communities in Mexico. That's all for the good--it will help "whiten" Mexico.

G

Where were you in Mexico?

The "movies" representation of Mexicans is accurate. It is 90% mestizos and American Indians. Short fat brown people. Mexico is only 10% Europeans. Anybody who has visited the non-tourist parts of Mexico can verify this, as can any American who lives in a border state.

You probably had the same experience as a visitor to a big American city would have. A foreigner could visit New York City or Washington or Chicago, notice half the people were black, and then wonder why in American movies most of the people are white.

waterbed

Mentor
I was mostly in Mexico city and other place I don't remember the name off.I aslo counded from which I told they were mostly white as white.Maybe some whites are little indian but still mostly white.I don't see that white's are overrepresentated on tv.In europe you see a lot of american programms like oprah winfrey,american music which is mosly black it don't mother how bad the music is it is still be played.MTV with their sweet sixteens with rich americans who are nearly always black,making a band with nearly know whites.You also see movies here with eddie murphy,Will Smith etc.Even a comedy with african americans.So not only showing white americans in movies and tv.

Solomon Kane said:
I have watched some interesting videos on youtube produced by white European mexicans. They stress the fact that they want to distance themselves from the "mestizo" "brown" culture so frequently associated with Mexico. They are proud of their European roots and they seem to understand the resentment of Americans against the massive "brown invasion." They themselves want to remain in Mexico and raise healthy white families in a white community

Have you got links to any of these videos?

During the 19th century, the mexican government encourage catholic immigrants from europeon countries to settle there. Mexico was also a popular place for refugees from the soviet union. These people were educated and intelligent and could easy find employment. They tended to settle in the large cities. That is why you will find a lot of whites in Mexico city. In the small towns they are as brown as you see in the movies.

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Trooper,

I don't have the links off hand. For now try googling:

youtube white mexicans

youtube white mexico

youtube european mexico , or youtube european mexicans.

or their spanish equivalents

Bronk

Mentor
Nevada is correct, Mexico is dominated numerically by the mestizos. However, if you ever watch Mexican TV programs (or spanish language television in general) whites are over represented, primarily because of their looks.

The history of Mexico is largely a history of race war. The country has had a three to four level caste system since the days of spanish colonialism (Espanoles = whites; mestizos = Spanish and Indian; indigenes = Indians). The white minority tends to hold power and the teeming mass of mestizos and indians (hundreds of indian dialects are spoken there) are often whipped up to take it over. Problem is, whites usually come out on top no matter what side wins. Mexico used to have a significant black population but they have been absorbed into the menudo.

Porfirio Diaz who ruled Mexico as a dictator from the late 1800s into the early 1900s was mestizo, but he tried to look, act and BE white the longer he was in power. The current head of the Zapatistas is a white college professor who hijacked the movement from its mestizo originators.

San Antonio and Corpus Christi have seen an influx of wealthy whites from Mexico who fear kidnapping. They move their families into nice, big homes here and commute to and from Mexico to work by plane.Edited by: Bronk