My annual top 10!

Poacher

Mentor
Just got through with my new "Top ten white athletes in the world" list. Did one of these a year or so ago. Yes, the concept is a bit overdone but I enjoy doing it.

As far as criteria go, I limited myself to greatness based on current accomplishments. You won't find Clemens or Greg Maddux on this list. I wanted to try and focus on athletes who are at or near the top of their respective games. Also, I have a bias for Olympic sports.

As far as the whys and wherefores concerning who was ahead of whom I don't have any rationale save for those at the top who are head and shoulders above the rest. With that, here they are:

1. Roman Sebrle, Decathlete: The world record holder in the decathlon posted a world best score in the event one week ago. He has finished 35 decathlete competitions with a score of 8,000 or better, the only athlete in history to do so. And oh by the way, he is the only athlete to have surpassed 9,000 points in the decathlon.

2. Michael Phelps, Swimmer: Seven gold medals at the recent world championships with a breath taking performance in the men's 200M fly final have cemented Phelps' place in the pantheon of his sport. In '08 Phelps will be competing in his third Olympics. In 2000, at the age of 15, he was the youngest swimmer to make the men's team in sixty-eight years. He is only 21 at this point. He should probably be labled as #1a on my list.

3. Roger Federer, Tennis: 10 slams. Only player in history to have won the U.S. open and Wimbledon in three consecutive years. Only player to have won three separate Grand Slam tournaments three times. His demeanor and professionalism are above reproach. Were it not for his "troubles" in the French Open he would be a place higher.

4. Peyton Manning, Football: With the Super Bowl monkey off of his back Peyton can now calmly go back to stamping himself as the greatest QB of a generation and before it's over maybe of any generation. No one prepares for a game like Manning. He is a walking refutation of every moronic commentator who has labled the Michael Vicks of the NFL to be the QB of the future. Manning will win another title or two before its over.

5. Jeremy Wariner, Track: Reigning Olympic/ World 400m champion is getting better and better. Every time he runs he gives the lie to the anti-white creeps at ESPN by leaving a phalanx of non-white runners in his wake. His 43.62 at the Golden Gala meet in Rome in 2006 was Secratariat-like. He is the fourth fastest 400m man of all time...for now.

6. Dirk Nowitzki, Basketball: The NBA MVP is the franchise player of the Dallas Mavericks. Although he had a disappointing experience in the finals this year Dirk will undoubtedly have his team in the playoffs again next year. He is the prototypical forward able to play virtually anywhere on the floor.

7. Sydney Crosby, Hockey: NHL scoring leader...at 19 years old. He is the yungest professional athlete to have ever won a scoring title in any professional North American sports league. The best is yet to come.

8. Wladimir Klitschko, Boxing: Current IBF and IBO world heavyweight champion. Dr. Steel Hammer is in a class by himself in the HW division at this point. His last opponent he destroyed without using his right hand.

9. Fedor Emelianenko, Mixed Martial Arts: The reigning PRIDE HW champion (since 3/16/03). In the most brutal of combat sports Fedor has never been submitted or knocked out. In a sport where there are a thousand ways to lose Fedor always finds a way to win.

10. Ricky Hatton, Boxing: 43 wins, no defeats. The Hitman recently crushed Jose Luis Castillo with a body shot in the fourth round cementing himself as the premiere light welterweight in the world. A super-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. looms.

Good list! I cannot think of anyone you left out.

BTW, real athletes compete in Olympic sports. The rest just play games.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I like all of them on the list buy very soon, you will have to add Craig Pickering to the list.He will soon become the first white to go sub 10 in the 100 meters.I also belive he will eventually be the fastest man in the world.Nothing in my opinion could top that if he can acheive that.

Also for the boxers, make sure you include Joe Calazaghe who is also undefeated as well as Mikkel Kessler.Great list overall.
smiley32.gif

I think he retired but not sure...If not then Lance Armstrong is a stud!!

Nice list....Hooray for Ricky HAtton...
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Thanks for keeping Dirk on the list. Despite the early playoff exit he still was the MVP of the league. The third year in a row a white player has won that award. Can't really argue against anybody on your list but Nash belongs in there somewhere.Edited by: guest301