Move over, Tiger

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Make way for the long-awaited beginning of the black tidal wave in golf!
smiley36.gif

Deaf Golfer Tees Off in Milwaukee

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/golf/07/20/bc.glf.usba nkchampionsh.ap/index.html[/url]

p1_kevinhall.jpg

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
What is a 'sponsors exemption?' Is this basically a free ride to get on the tour for a player who wouldn't otherwise be qualified, or what?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
He's deaf? How does he hear someone say Four! ???

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh man, get ready, here comes Golf-Black Deafth 2005!
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
White Shogun said:
What is a 'sponsors exemption?' Is this basically a free ride to get on the tour for a player who wouldn't otherwise be qualified, or what?

I don't know all the rules about them, but the corporate sponsors of most tournaments have a few sponsors exemptions, which are invitations to several players who wouldn't have otherwise qualified. That's how Michelle Wie has played in several men's tournaments. Other times they are given to players who have done well in the past at the tournament but who are now struggling. There's apparently a lot of latitude about who can get them.

Bart

Hall of Famer
If you check out Yahoo's golf coverage, you'll find this photo as lead in to story.

Rain forced the field to take shelter. (AP)

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Do you have to be quiet when he's putting?

Reminds me of my favorite golf joke.

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer are playing golf but the foursome ahead of them is taking forever to play. So they stop a marshall and ask: "Hey can you move these guys along?"

The marshall tells them: those guys are ex-firefighters, they saved our clubhouse when it caught fire, unfortunately the smoke made them all completely blind. So we let them play for free for what they did.

The priest says: How brave, I shall say a prayer for them every night.

The doctor says, I know a vison expert I will see if he can examine them.

But the Engineer says: Why the hell can't these guys play at night?