Most Dangerous Strike/Attack in MMA/NHB?

Of all the weapons in the MMA/NHB arsenal, what’s the most damaging?

• Elbows/Forearms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Knees

• Headbutt (where legal)

• Soccer Kick (where legal)

• Total voters

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
I've taken & delivered all the above, and my vote would be for the headbutt (to the face) or soccer kick (to the head of a downed opponent). What say ya'll?

G

Probably a headbutt, which is why it's not legal in many MMA matches anymore.

I don't like the new rules, but that's one of the few I agree with.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Headbutts can hurt the 'butter if he's not careful. I think soccer kicks to the head are the most dangerous, although I'd like to see them allowed in the UFC.

guest301

Hall of Famer
A elbow coming down from the mount position (past the guard) into your opponnets face is a pretty dangerous blow from my experience watching MMA.

White_Savage

Mentor
Keep this in mind.

The most dangerous blows, alas do not exist in the world of MMA. They come from boxing.

They come when you wrap the fist in about 8 ounces of padding, thus reducing the energy it transmits directly on impact into the face/jaw, thus reducing the chance of stopping your opponent with one blow. But these same eight ounces greatly increase the shock indirectly transmitted to the brain. AND you're going to be taking more of these shocks, because you WON'T be KTFO as quickly.

Rules which allow you to be knocked down/out on your feet and given a rest, where you revive enough to recieve yet more damage from your opponent, instead of being cleanly finished off, only worsen the problem.

Middleweight boxers suffer more brain damage than HWs. This sounds counter-intuitive, but while HWs get hit harder, MWs get hit alot more often, more brain jarring.

Just judging by the stats, if you want a sport only slightly more dangerous than fencing, try MMA. If you want to truly live dangerously, go into boxing or football.
smiley2.gif
Edited by: White_Savage

I voted for the knee. However I believe it depends alot on the individual. For instance I would say in Mirko Crocops case it would be a high head kick as oppossed to a knee.
In Matt Hughes case it would probably be elbows as oppossed to knees because of his style of fighting. Matt has perfected the elbow strike largely due to the fact that his wrestling pedigree allows him to get the perfect leverage to throw them.
All that being said, I believe generally speaking knees would be the most vicious strike from the vast majority of fighters out there.

guest301

Hall of Famer
A jumping knee strike to the jaw is risky but a pretty effective way to end a fight with a KO.Edited by: guest301

dkr77

Guru
Someone controlling both of your arms in a side position (think Matt Hughes) and then coming down full force with an elbow across your face while your head is pressed against the floor would have to rate very high in the damage category.

guest301

Hall of Famer
dkr77 said:
Someone controlling both of your arms in a side position (think Matt Hughes) and then coming down full force with an elbow across your face while your head is pressed against the floor would have to rate very high in the damage category.

I agree. To see the pain coming like that but being not being able to do anything about it.
smiley3.gif

White_Savage said:
Just judging by the stats, if you want a sport only slightly more dangerous than fencing, try MMA. If you want to truly live dangerously, go into boxing or football.
smiley2.gif

Hockey as well.
smiley4.gif

Sean

Mentor
Of those mentioned, a jumping knee would probably cause the most damage. However a pin-point eblow strike (say to the temple) can cause some serious trouble.

One of the most underrated, yet powerful strikes is the hammerfist. It's hard to land it while standing, so most use is in the ground and pound. In Pankration they used hammerfists while standing (there stances where different from typical boxing) and these punches were the most powerful and most feared.