Most Controversial NFL Players

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Did you know that even though there are very few star white players in the NFL, and thoughwhites are very rarely arrested for serious crimes or act like buffoons,fully half of the 20 most controversial players are white. How convenient, a 50-50 split. Diversity and all that, except when it comes to promoting NFL players, and then it's more like a 98-2 split in favor of the black ones.

Yes, in spite of all the black murderers, rapists, drug dealers, crybabies andgyrating egomaniacs who have graced the NFL, Whitey has somehow managed tohold his ownin this notorious department even while being eased out of every position in the league except kicker. Read all about it here:

[url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/20 05/08/17/nfl.most.controversial/content.1.html [/url]

Bear-Arms

Mentor
They went back in time to find most of those white guys.

Elway doesn't belong on this list. Paul Hornung wasn't very controversial. I remember when he played. His suspension wasn't disputed bu him or anybody else, and he retained his popularity. On the other hand, the media has always enjoyed publicizing the "flakey, free-spirit," white athlete. Riggins and some others were on the list. My view is that the media prefers the "flakey" white athlete to an athlete with a single-minded determination to excel.

Bart

Hall of Famer
This is one heck of a weird article. It blurs the distinction between colorful and criminal. Toview Hornung and Elway in the same light as Lawrence Taylor is absurd. Hide the women and children, that wildanimal John Riggins is in town! He's bored, broke andis sportinga Mohawk haircut!!

Remember when he sported a Mohawk haircut as a New York Jet? And then there was the night he attended a Washington Press Club dinner and reportedly told Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor: "Come on, Sandy, baby, loosen up. You're too tight." After Riggins ended a premature retirement in 1981, he explained, "I'm broke, I'm bored and I'm back."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I wonder what they mean by 'controversial.' I sure can't tell by looking at the players on this list. Joe Namath is the most controversial player in NFL history?? And Terrell Owens is No. 2?? WTF?

How can Elway be controversial for his decision to refuse to play for Baltimore, and Eli Manning not make the list for the same reason? And Ryan Leaf is just another bust, whats so controversial about that? If a top pick going down the tubes is controversial, where is Todd Marinovhich? Akili Smith? Andre Ware?

Where is Ray Lewis? Jamal Lewis? Bam Morris? Ray Buchanan?

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
C'mon if they really wanted to pick "controversial" players they would have to write an article that would fit in on this website. They are all living a lie and preaching to a bunch of others that are also living in a false reality and to ask them to realize that is just too much.

On the bright side at least its one area where white athletes are considered equal to black ones.
smiley5.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I share your confused feeling jaxvid!
smiley5.gif

There has been a NFL player convicted of murder (Rae Carruth). Another was accused of murder, but given immunity for testimony (Ray Lewis). And the most famous pro football player of the 1970's was found liable for double murder in a civil trial after a bad verdict in a criminal trial (O.J. Simpson). None of these NFL players are controversial to Sports Illustrated?