More Of The Same

bigunreal

Mentor
Another season has started, and if anything the situation for white players looks worse than ever. The tremendous purging of talented whites like Lumsden, Hass, etc. has already been thoroughly discussed here. No one in the media (or in the coaching fraternity) cares about them. They never will. What really bothers me is how the few white skill position players who seemed to have a chance to play are being treated. Look at Kevin Curtis. Here is a guy who is one of the fastest players in the NFL, with a significant number of long, dazzling plays to his credit. We knew he was being typically discriminated against by being consigned to the #3 role on the Rams, while ancient and far less productive Isaac Bruce will start until they bring in another black to replace him. However, I didn't expect them to completely phase Curtis out. He didn't have a pass thrown his way yesterday, apparently. Did anyone see the Rams' game? Was he even on the field as a WR? I wouldn't be surprised if they demoted him to #4 behind McDonald. Curtis is about 28 years old, and at this rate he will never get a chance to start in the NFL. What a total travesty.

Then there is Matt Jones- how can it be possible that a guy who is listed as #1 on their depth chart spends less time on the field than their #2 & #3 WRs? Has anyone ever heard of anything like that before? Jones is an absolutely dominant player already. They could probably throw to him on every down, because no DB can stop him. He is too big and fast. But, they are obviously holding him down on purpose. We all know why. The fact that they pull him out a lot near the goal line, while lobbing balls up for smaller, less talented black WRs says a lot about how hard these coaches are actually trying to win these games, which are probably fixed anyway. Obviously, any 7th grade gym coach would know that lobbing the ball to your biggest and most talented WR is a no-brainer. If Jones ever becomes a superstar with all the impediments in his way, it will truly be a miracle.

Then there are the injuries. Really it is incredible how often the few white players who play in this league suffer serious injuries. Dan Morgan has yet another concussion. How can that be? Why don't we ever hear of Ray Lewis or Joey Porter suffering concussions? Come to think of it, how many black players ever suffer concussions? Is it just me, or do the vast majority of concussions in the NFL happen to strike white players? Shockingly enough, one of only 3 starting WRs in the NFL, Joe Jurevicious, is out with yet another of his countless injuries. But then again, in a "surprise" move, Jurevicious didn't even start the game. Again, a supposed #1 WR for a team doesn't even start the game. The ONLY way that would ever happen to a black #1 WR is if he committed one of the various crimes and/or team violations that they are prone to commit.

Sorry for the rant, but I truly feel there is no hope for whites in the NFL or NBA any longer. There is such an obviously discrmininatory system in place against them, and the fact that the media and EVERY ex-player who has a public forum is completely silent about it shows just how powerful the forces are who control that system.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
Again, a supposed #1 WR for a team doesn't even start the game. The ONLY way that would ever happen to a black #1 WR is if he committed one of the various crimes and/or team violations that they are prone to commit.

Good rant as always
smiley32.gif

I think you should clarify your remark above, a black #1 WR WILL start even if he commits a crime or team violation UNLESS he is still incarcerated (which is rare).

And on those extremely RARE occations when they don't start it is just for one play, as a formality, then they join the regular rotation anyway.

Kaptain

Master
That's a great rant Bigunreal. The exact same questions I had in my mind after week 1. The WR position is especially puzzling ...... well, if it weren't for our knowledge of the caste system. Some people are actually starting to catch on about the fact that this league isn't about winning anymore.
Did anybody catch the CBS studio analyst (Boomer and gang)questioning why Billy Volek did not play when he clearly gives the Titans the best chance to win? Boomer's theory was that they were trying to trade Volek and were trying to protect him. Then someone ask why he wouldn't play to show-off his ability - a valid response. I believe one of the talking heads hit the nail on the head and suggested that the Titans didn't want a Vince Young/Volek QB controversy in case Volek performed well. That's right, the Titans are afraid of winning with Volek. That pretty much says it all. I personally think the Titans should just start Vince Young now but then declare the rest of the season an exhibition and give fans their money back.

Kaptain

Master
BTW, the insertion of the Vince Young probably cost the Titans the game as he threw an interception in one of his four passes.

backrow

Hall of Famer
shame that neither Stokley (inactive, i assume an injury) and Standeford (suited up for Colts) didn't play yesterday...

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
yeah, i was wondering about that until i saw Stokley on the sideline in casual clothes. i guess his injury still isn't comepletely healed. bummer. but at least Dallas Clark and Jeremy Shockey looked good in that game.

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah he was listed questionable with an ankle injury... too bad, hopefully Brandon will be ready next week

backrow

Hall of Famer
unfortunately Dan Morgan, Panthers MLB was put on IR, thus ending his season after less than one game and two tackles... the cause of this was his 6th concussion of a career...