Mora vs Forrest

G

This Saturday is an interesting junior middleweight fight between the first season "Contender" series winner Sergio Mora vs the trash talking current black champ Vernon Forrest.

Forrest used to be a cool fighter, but has adopted the ghetto persona and tried to belittle Mora at a recent press conference. Mora is the underdog, however, if he can avoid Forrest's bombs early and not get cut he can win in the later rounds.

I hope Mora can pull a slight upset and remove a another black fighter from the championship ranks. And yes, Sergio Mora does pass the "eye test" with flying colors.
smiley2.gif

G

Ameren.com I never said that Mora was white, only that he passed the "eye test" on this site. To review, the eye test is one who looks anglo/white. I suspect he is about one quater "Native North American."

In full disclosure I am about 1/4 "Native North American" but look and identify with being a "European American."

I posted this topic in the interest of boxing fans and the further diminishment of the black myth in boxing. I of course know Mora is not of "pure blood" like Pavlik. I only want Mora to beat a newly found ghetto black and knock another black off at the championship ranks.

Is this hard to understand. Further, in case your wondering think of Jeff Garcia and then you'll have an Idea of how I look.
smiley2.gif

Sergio will have to keep using his quick hands and box Forrest from a distance. I don't think Sergio can keep Forrest back with power but with speed. The one time I have noticed Forrest having trouble was with the wild fighting style of Ricardo Mayorga. If Mora can keep the pressure up on Vernon from a distance he will have a good chance of winning a decision as Vernon can get frustrated. Anything else unfortunately will be a win for Vernon. It will be extremely tough but I know Sergio has heart and can do it.

Amren.com

Mentor
Kukulcan said:
Ameren.com I never said that Mora was white, only that he passed the "eye test" on this site. To review, the eye test is one who looks anglo/white. I suspect he is about one quater "Native North American."

I thought you were suggesting he was white because he passed the eye test. I was hoping I was wrong and he was white but he isn't.

In full disclosure I am about 1/4 "Native North American" but look and identify with being a "European American."

Good!

I posted this topic in the interest of boxing fans and the further diminishment of the black myth in boxing.

I'll be rooting for Mora as well.

I of course know Mora is not of "pure blood" like Pavlik. I only want Mora to beat a newly found ghetto black and knock another black off at the championship ranks.

Nope, we just don't want to take credit for the victories of non-whites.

Is this hard to understand. Further, in case your wondering think of Jeff Garcia and then you'll have an Idea of how I look.
smiley2.gif

Don't know who that is, I just wanted to verify if Mora was white or not.

G

Amren.com, Jeff Garcia is the quaterback for the Tampa Bay and former San Francisco quaterback.

G

The snake stikes! Mora beat Hopkins imitating Forest by a UD. I had Mora winning by two points. One judge, a female had Forrest winning! A female negro no less, its funny how the blk females enabling their males.

Another black biting the dust and Congrats to Mora, who passes the "eye test."
smiley32.gif
Next up our beloved Pavlik on the teley.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Congrats to Mora
smiley32.gif
First I root for the whitey of course
smiley2.gif
Second Hispanic/Asian Then the Black but if it's two Blacks I cheer for the underdog
smiley36.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Very nice performance by Mora. He showed elusive defense, excellent body punches and some quick rights. His feints and quickness had Forrest confused much of the time.

smiley32.gif

He seems to be 3/4 white (Spanish) - I always root for white Hispanic boxers when they fight negroes.

G

Shawn1262231 words to live by. JD1986 Your spot on. Mora just became a major player in the divisions of 154 and 160 lbs ranks. He has major fights ahead. Mosely, Oscar and the winner of Margarito and Cotto. Out of these four the only one who has the guts and ability to win is Margarito.

The press are underestimating Margarito vs Cotto. This will be Tony's break through fight, with him Ko'ing Cotto. Mark my words. This fight will be spectaclar. Mora will be waiting for the winner. I love this sport! Where the best man regardless of race steps up and proves his manhood and ability. No caste system conspiracay theories here.

Congrats to Mora!!!
smiley32.gif
. He was inside and outside. He confused Forrest and made him look weak. Forrest did apologize and said he was doing the antics to sell the fight. He gave Mora all the credit in the world and gave no excuses. But this is Mora's night. Mora should stay at 154 and see what fights can come his way. Way to go Sergio!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
In the past Forrest has helped retarded young adults that live in a group home setting. So his character shouldn't be questioned. It was still a good win for Mora as his youth and desire won the fight. Did anybody see the post fight interview with the "Punisher". Somebody get me a universal translator all I caught from him was "you know what I'm saying" No we don't..........
smiley36.gif

Blue Devils

Mentor
white is right said:
Somebody get me a universal translator all I caught from him was "you know what I'm saying" No we don't..........
smiley36.gif
They all</font> say that
smiley36.gif
Did anyone catch Paul Williams' post fight interview
smiley36.gif
Edited by: shawn1262231

G

WIS for some illogical ebonic reason, the term "ya know what I am saying" has replaced the 80's "most defineately" verbage that black fighters used during interviews. I remember when Tommy Hearns would use the phrase every other word.
smiley36.gif

Today Pual Williams and Zab Judea have cornered the market on "ya know what I am saying" nonsense. This is a testament to the quality of schooling the democrats lay down on inner city youth. In the 60's and 70's black fighters spoke english not ebonics. Please, lets stop the Obama express!

G

On another note, I guess Forrest was trying to sell the fight. He is a good guy and gave proper respect to Mora afterwards. With Hopkins, he is just a rotton ex convict.