Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..

Menelik

Mentor
Read this article by Fred Reed today. I don't know how many of the people here agree with him, but I have found his articles to be a breath of fresh air. Anyway Fred is talking about taking some time off. He argues that nothing is changing, for the better, and I had to agree with him on this. Society seems to be getting more crass, uncivilized, and appealing to the lowest common denominator. Anyone here agree with that or do you see things improving?

Taking a BreakEdited by: Menelik

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I read that too. He's right of course. We are living in an age of downward spiraling morality.

I don't know what he expected though, he was just a fairly obscure internet writer (but a good one) and in many ways he was part of the problem with his vacillating on the effect of IQ in society, Mexican immigration, and Jewish influence on society.

He was always a good read though and I hope he returns to it at some time. He only mentioned that he was taking a month off which seems weird as his columns were not much frequent then that.

I want to be first in line for the first space ship sending colonist to another planet. I feel those lacking a self reliant independent spirit want want to go

Bronk

Mentor
I always liked Fred's no-BS takes on things. I hope he keeps the site up so we can enjoy his old stuff.

I doubt he'll come back. Writing about this stuff for a long times eats at your guts after awhile.

voice

Guru
jaxvid said:
I read that too. He's right of course. We are living in an age of downward spiraling morality.

I don't know what he expected though, he was just a fairly obscure internet writer (but a good one) and in many ways he was part of the problem with his vacillating on the effect of IQ in society, Mexican immigration, and Jewish influence on society.

He was always a good read though and I hope he returns to it at some time. He only mentioned that he was taking a month off which seems weird as his columns

were not much frequent then that.

Fred is a very frustratingly contradictory old coot. He wants his Indian(Mexican)/Jewish piece of ass but then rails on how the country isn't the same blah blah blah.

I think he spent time in Bangkok banging the hell out of the *******s too.

He is just and old perv who can't face the plain fact that he is pretty much just an old loser.

Still worth a read once a while though for his rants..Edited by: voice