meaningless QB stats

hedgehog

Mentor
I know I have mentioned this in other threads, but its time for its own. Instead of the ussual milestones most quarterbacks are measured against, 300 yard games, number of touchdown passes or passing yardage etc... The media has to contrive some weird combination of statistics or find some measure that has never been used before to hype up the black qbs. I can't remember the one they made up tonight for Donovan, but I am sure it will be repeated again next week. I am also sure before the year is out, they will scramble some combination of statistics around to show that Vince Young has achieved more than any rookie quarterback.

Bart

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
I can't remember the one they made up tonight for Donovan, but I am sure it will be repeated again next week.

He holds the record for most passing yards gained in a losing Super Bowl effort after puking his guts out during a meltdown.

G

I'm really starting to think the game McNabb is playing right now against the Packers is fixed. How can he put up these stats with no good WRs? After this game he will be the number one ranked QB
smiley7.gif

Deacon

Guru
backrow said:
Green Bay defensive backfield is terrible...

The Green Bay Packers finally ran out of patience with Ahmad Carroll.

Less than 24 hours after what was apparently a final-straw performance, the Packers placed their 2004 first-round draft pick on waivers Tuesday afternoon, ending a 34-game career in Green Bay during which the team waited for Carroll to realize his potential.

"I admit I (expletive) up and cost us the game," Carroll said. "I know what I'm accountable for and I know what I did wrong. I gave up the big plays. You look at the film, it's not one person did this, one person did that. I'm that person. I gave up the explosive gains, I gave up the big plays, I gave up the touchdown. That swung the momentum for the whole game."

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i caught Sportscenter yesterday, and they had some more of those contrived stats... something about McNabb being #1 in the NFL in TD passes over 30 yards and completions over 20 yards or something.

the guy is having a good year, but seriously when did those become benchmarks?