McCain seeks distance from pastor

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The MSM finally notices a presidential candidate has a relationship with a religious leader with strange beliefs. No not Obama and his white-hating racist preacher-mentor but McCain and John Hagee.
smiley36.gif
You hear nothing about Obama's nutball black supremicist preacher but suddenly the white guy's religious buddies are news. Can it get any more obvious???

McCain's preacher friend

Deacon

Guru
I actually was a big fan of John Hagee back in the day when he was informative and about teaching God's word. For some reason now he's ALL about Israel and that's all that fat ass talks about. It's quite annoying.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hagee has turned into one of the biggest Zionists behind a pulpit. I wouldn't doubt if he sharesthe so-called evangelist Kay Arthur's love of Israel over the US. My stomach is already hurting this morning, and thinking about this makes it even worse.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He and others like him rule THEIR churches like dictators with an iron fist.

foreverfree

Mentor
Back at the beginning of the millenium, I was a frequent watcher of Hagee. But that was when I was into endtime prophecy.

I didn't much care for Hagee's frequent, serial snapping of his fingers in the pulpit.

John

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have watched him preach in person a couple of times in Dallas and in San Antonio when I was visiting a friend over the thanksgiving holidays. I like him and his emphasis on bible prophecy and the political stands he takes but I don't always agree with him theologically. Compared to Barack Obama's flamethrowing bigoted pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Hagee is a lightweight. He's not even McCain's personal pastor and it's easy for McCain not to be responsible for anything Hagee says.Edited by: guest301

Deacon

Guru
I used to listen to what hagee had to say but now I just can't take him seriously. Perry Stone is the best going on right now.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deacon said:
I used to listen to what hagee had to say but now I just can't take him seriously. Perry Stone is the best going on right now.

Deacon, we finally agree on something non-sports related. I also like Perry Stone and try to catch his weekly bible study as often as I can. He has a very unique ministry.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer

Deacon

Guru
guest301 said:
Deacon said:

Deacon, we finally agree on something non-sports related. I also like Perry Stone and try to catch his weekly bible study as often as I can. He has a very unique ministry.

That's good. What I like about him the most is that he's not scared to go after fellow christians. He was talking about some churches being afraid of talking about the blood of Jesus because it might offend some people. Well, he then went on a tirade saying, "The blood, the blood, the blood!!!" It was quite comical really.Edited by: Deacon

Deacon

Guru
DixieDestroyer said:
In addition to my Church Pastor, I also enjoy the (on-line/audio) sermons of paleo-conservatives Dr.Chuck Baldwin and David L. Smith (& sometimes Charles Stanley). There are some good on-line audio-Bible sites too.

Chuck Baldwin Sermons

Pastor David L. Smith (NewsWatch Magazine)

Dr.Charles Stanley Sermons

On-Line Audio KJV Bible as narrated by legendary Alexander Scourby

I have the New Living Translation of the Bible on DVD that I bought from QVC. At the beginning of the year I vowed to listen to three chapters each day. Right now I'm on the book of Joshua.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer