Mayweather to fight Canelo in September!

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Mayweather has demanded a catchweight, and some kind of fight-day weight limit.

With his long Negro arms, Floyd will have a reach advantage, as he's had over all his opponents.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Caught wind of this late last night. What is the catch weight? If I am Canelo no catch weight and Reyes gloves only. I am sure Mayweather will get the lion's share of the purse. I hope Canelo plays this smart.

Last edited:
Caught wind of this late last night. What is the catch weight? If I am Canelo no catch weight and Reyes gloves only. I am sure Mayweather will get the lion's share of the purse. I hope Canelo plays this smart.

Purses are said to be split half and half according to this article http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-canelo-schaefer-ellerbe-discuss-fight--66053.

Canelo commands a larger buying interest than Floyd, so no doubt he will be bringing more money and fan interest into the fight. Im sure that was used in justifying the 50-50 split. Mayweather has fought better opponents over his career though. Overall, I think a 50-50 split is fair.

Ill be supporting Canelo, and I do think he has a good chance to win if he fights the right fight. Mayweather is very tricky, very skilled, defensive fighter and its going to be tough though!

Ambrose

Master
The more I watch Canelo the more I think he'll lose this fight. He will have the size, strength, and weight advantage, but he boxes in spurts and lacks conditioning to throw the six to eight punch combinations it will take to beat a defensive boxer like Mayweather who likes to stand in front of his opponents and make them miss. If Canelo can throw 1000 -1200 punches and swarm Mayweather with close-in combinations he would win. No doubt. The Judges couldn't ignore him. But he likely won't. Instead he'll throw 600 and many of them will be at distance and jabs. Mayweather will throw 600 but they will be many counters and clean connects the judges will favour.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Don't Luke the catch weight as that always ends in a loss for the guy going down in weight.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don't Luke the catch weight as that always ends in a loss for the guy going down in weight.
Yes while it's"just 2 pounds", the 2 pounds are going to probably weaken Alvarez who is a filled out 154 pounder. He will probably have to eat a sparten diet to make weight and that could be the difference in a tough fight.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Yes while it's"just 2 pounds", the 2 pounds are going to probably weaken Alvarez who is a filled out 154 pounder. He will probably have to eat a sparten diet to make weight and that could be the difference in a tough fight.
It's just enough to weaken Alvarez.

Mayweather ridiculed Pacquiao about fighting at catch weights. What a hypocrite he is.