Matthysse vs Dallas

Westside

Hall of Famer
This Saturday, Showtime will be featuring Lucas Matthysse vs some 2nd tier affeletic fighter in a guy named Dallas.

Currently I believe Matthysse is the best 140 lbs fighter. He should be undefeated but thanks to corrupt judges in the USSA, he got jobbed with decisions over Judah and Alexander. Clearly he won those fights as Dan Rafael points out numerous times.

I also believe he is the fire wall against Adrian Broner continued affeletic stardom. There is no way Broner will step into the ring against Lucas.

Looking forward to this fight on Saturday. :beer:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
It should be a good one. :thumb:

Lucas Matthysse walks down his opponents - he has 30 KOs in 32 wins and was robbed in his only two "losses". His fight with Judah was close, I had it 114-113 for Matthysse. But his fight with Alexander was a wide and clear win for Lucas and a disgusting hometown robbery (I scored it 116-111 for Matthysse).

Harry Joe Yorgey is fighting a highly-regarded negro up-and-comer Jermell Charlo on the Showtime telecast. I remember a couple of years ago Yorgey had an unexpected upset win over the son of Tommy Hearns.

For people outside the USA, streams for this weekend's fights are here:

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/808...-Fighting-Weekly-Schedule-(25th-Jan-28th-Jan)

And here:

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/boxing.html

Last edited:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just viewed the weigh in. As almost always, the affelet incorrectly believes he can intimadate a non negro opponent with his blackness, by getting the face and staring down an opponent of Lucas' character and accomplishments. LOL

I remember when Bopkins attempted to do that with Super Joe Calzaghe. Joe just rammed his nose back into Bopkins face. Bopkins was stunned. Loved it.

A bit of an upset last night. Tough as nails Brian Vera TKO Dzirinirk last night. Dzirinirk, I believe should have stayed at 154 lbs. He lost last night at 160 lbs. He doesn't have the frame or power for larger fighters at 160 lbs. I hope he can re group after that loss.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Lucas KO'd the affelet in the 1st rd with a highlight reel KO! Certainly will be on the list for KOs of 2013. Its now 31 KOs in 33 wins. Congrats:dance:

Westside

Hall of Famer
Right before the beginning of the fight Showtime gave the official weights the day before. Lucas weight 138.5 lbs. Dallas was 139 lbs I believe. Showtime like HBO now showed the current weight of each fighter hours before they fought on Saturday.

They showed Lucas weighing a staggering 163 lbs! I said, WOW, how could that be? He gained 24 lbs overnight? When the fight started, Matthysse looked smaller than Dallas. Lucas looked to be in outstanding condition.

Anyways, over at ESB some posters rightfully so are saying that Showtime made a mistake. The day of fight weight should have been 153 for Lucas not 163 lbs. Knowing the CM agenda, maybe they were projecting an unfair advantage for Mattysse over their beloved and overmatched affelet? I would not be shocked if this were the case.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Right before the beginning of the fight Showtime gave the official weights the day before. Lucas weight 138.5 lbs. Dallas was 139 lbs I believe. Showtime like HBO now showed the current weight of each fighter hours before they fought on Saturday.

They showed Lucas weighing a staggering 163 lbs! I said, WOW, how could that be? He gained 24 lbs overnight? When the fight started, Matthysse looked smaller than Dallas. Lucas looked to be in outstanding condition.

Anyways, over at ESB some posters rightfully so are saying that Showtime made a mistake. The day of fight weight should have been 153 for Lucas not 163 lbs. Knowing the CM agenda, maybe they were projecting an unfair advantage for Mattysse over their beloved and overmatched affelet? I would not be shocked if this were the case.
Good call. I agree, he wasn't 163.

And Bernstein was going on about Dallas being inactive for seven months, so as to make an excuse for him. Seven months isn't a long layoff for a boxer at all.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Matthysse says he weighed 153 for the fight:

http://thaboxingvoice.com/lucas-mat...touched-on-brandon-rios-sparring-session/9548

Lucas Matthysse’s one punch, one round destruction of Mike Dallas Jr. was amazing, but did not come without controversy or questions. The first issue was raised when the trainer of Mike Dallas Jr., Virgil Hunter, had opposed to the taking of amino acids by Matthysse before the fight. The results of the post fight drug tests were negative. Matthysse stands firm that no matter what Hunter thinks, he is a clean fighter, and feels Hunter was just trying to get under his skin.

“It was all a plan, head games, what I took was vitamins. Virgil Hunter was inside the dressing room when I was taking them. Everything was fine; it was basically Virgil trying to make me nervous,” Matthysse explained to ThaBoxingVoice.com.

The other hot topic was the unofficial weight on fight night. According to the Showtime unofficial scales, he weighed in at 163 lbs, something out of the ordinary for Matthysse, who has weighed between 151 and 153 for his last 3 fights. When the questions was poised for the big re-hydration and if there was any issue with him making the 140 lb Jr. Welterweight limit, Matthysse was surprised and stated, “No I didn’t weigh 163lbs; I weighed 153 lbs on fight night. There’s no trouble making weight. I ate well the day before the weigh in, and I make weigh tcomfortably.”

Matthysse has become sort of a cult to the hardcore fan. Being from Argentina and coming to America without much of a fan base, Matthysse has exploded into the scene making a name for himself with his style of boxing. Because of this sort of following, his name has been mentioned with the top names and soon it will come to a point where the names of his division can no longer avoid him. Matthysse is appreciative and feels that will help push him into the limelight.

“I didn’t think I was going to get this hardcore following and obviously it makes me very happy that I’m being accepted by the boxing fanatics. The last fight definitely helped me being that a lot of people in Argentina saw this fight. I feel I need to keep making that type of fights that I’ve done already, so my performances speak to themselves to get the big fights. We were waiting for the Garcia-Judah fight in February but since it’s postponed so we’ll see when we come back and we’ll see if it’s a big fight.”

On top of being avoided by the big names, Matthysse is also at the mercy of the Top Rank Golden Boy cold war. Most fans would salivate at a fight between Matthysse and Brandon Rios who is a Top Rank fighter. While we may never see that fight fruition, the two have sparred beforehand.

Matthysse commented on the fight and the session stating, “Yes Brandon Rios is a good fight, I sparred with him before, he’s a very strong guy. I hope one day the promoters can make that fight happen for the sport. We sparred 2 times, 10 rounds, it was good work, but I think I got the better of him in those sparring sessions.”