Matthew Boling 9.98, 19.92, 45.17 and 8.25 LJ

Texas Flash

I reckon boling will peak when it counts ie ..ncaas or the nationals ...
But I do think it will be next season outdoors before he reaps the benefits of the new base being laid ...
So don’t fret over anything ....his time will come .....and Avery similar athlete Charlie Dobson is in for a break through season at international level ..mark my words ...
Yeah, Boling's times were not good, but its relative to what I think they are doing - training through their meets. Again this is what they did in indoors. Running 20.12 in the final was not just a lucky fluke.

Also, note that all of the Georgia sprinters performed badly:
1. Godwin who won the 400m indoor NCAA title in 44.75 ran a 45.70!
2. Will Sumner who ran 45.78 last year as a high school senior ran 47.12 yesterday!
3. Christopher Morales Williams who ran 46.27 last year as a high school senior ran 46.87 yesterday
4. Keshaun Black ran 10.02 (Wind Aided) in the 100m last year ran 10.34 yesterday with a lot of wind.
(Remember these guys ran 2:58.82 coming off of indoors in the second fastest collegiate time ever. - they've all improved their base)

Lastly, note that all of those guys are black other than Boling so the argument that they are intentionally trying to harm Boling because he is white doesnt really add up. I imagine we might see a slight improvement for Conference but it wont be until nationals that we start to see PRs assuming everything goes as planned.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Boling's times were not good, but its relative to what I think they are doing - training through their meets. Again this is what they did in indoors. Running 20.12 in the final was not just a lucky fluke.

Also, note that all of the Georgia sprinters performed badly:
1. Godwin who won the 400m indoor NCAA title in 44.75 ran a 45.70!
2. Will Sumner who ran 45.78 last year as a high school senior ran 47.12 yesterday!
3. Christopher Morales Williams who ran 46.27 last year as a high school senior ran 46.87 yesterday
4. Keshaun Black ran 10.02 (Wind Aided) in the 100m last year ran 10.34 yesterday with a lot of wind.
(Remember these guys ran 2:58.82 coming off of indoors in the second fastest collegiate time ever. - they've all improved their base)

Lastly, note that all of those guys are black other than Boling so the argument that they are intentionally trying to harm Boling because he is white doesnt really add up. I imagine we might see a slight improvement for Conference but it wont be until nationals that we start to see PRs assuming everything goes as planned.

Excellent posts by Grey Ghost and Texas Flash! It's good to see some positive thoughts here as many of us are so discouraged with
how the season has played out so far. Hoping for faster times at the Conference Championships!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling will be running in the 2023 SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championships starting tommorow through Sunday.

Boling is in the 200 meters heats tommorow in the prelims. He should easily qualify but I'm curious to see how his form looks. I
expect him to secure a win and then coast towards the end to conerve his energy. He has many races this weekend and he needs
to save his energy for the finals. As a college senior he knows that so here is to a huge weekend from him! Good luck Matthew! :)

freedom1

Mentor
Yeah, and he goes in the 100 on Friday. I wonder why they are doing the 200 before the 100?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yeah, and he goes in the 100 on Friday. I wonder why they are doing the 200 before the 100?

It makes no sense and will most likely slow down the times in the 100 meters. This is the main event and should have been the
hilight of these championships. Whomever planned this schedule should be replaced with someone with common sense.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling ran a 20.36 in the 200 meters to qualify for the finals at the 2023 SEC Champs. There are so many fast guys in this
final. He will have to go sub 20.10 to win in my opinion. I know he didn't go all out today but he is still a long shot to win at this
point. Of course he was at the SEC Indoor Champs too and he brought home the gold medal. Good luck to Matthew tomorow!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I watched the race, and Boling didn't look like he was coasting.
He was the 5th fastest qualifier. It seems like maybe he could get 3rd in the finals.
On the other hand, he won the 200m indoors, after looking just okay in the heats.
So we'll see ....

Last edited:

Texas Flash

I wouldnt worry about this weekend. I dont think Boling and his coaches are really targeting it. Pretty sure their focus this year is solely on NCAAs, and then on Nationals the following month. The times this weekend probably wont be great, but they will advance him.

Bold Predictions (Provided their team stays healthy):
1. The Georgia men will smash the 4x400m Collegiate record at NCs when they return to Austin.
2. Boling will PR in the 200m and he will be the NCAA champion
3. Boling will be the 100m NCAA champion or runner-up.
4. Boling will PR in the 100m before his season is over.
5. Boling will make the US world team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I wouldnt worry about this weekend. I dont think Boling and his coaches are really targeting it. Pretty sure their focus this year is solely on NCAAs, and then on Nationals the following month. The times this weekend probably wont be great, but they will advance him.

Bold Predictions (Provided their team stays healthy):
1. The Georgia men will smash the 4x400m Collegiate record at NCs when they return to Austin.
2. Boling will PR in the 200m and he will be the NCAA champion
3. Boling will be the 100m NCAA champion or runner-up.
4. Boling will PR in the 100m before his season is over.
5. Boling will make the US world team.

Please pass the Koolaid and let me take a drink. Love the positive thinking but if all of those things happened I would be shocked at
this point. I know he is capable but his form and times this year are horrible. I'm excited and pumped but trying not to get my hopes up
too much. Usually I'm the eternal optomist but I'm just gonna see how it all plays out this weekend and then over the next month or two.

Warhawk_46

Master
Boling 10.36 does not qualify
Something is seriously wrong with him… it’s a shame as it seems he has already peaked. I really think Georgia’s abysmal coaching contributed to his stagnation.

He doesn’t look like his is having fun and he isn’t relaxed.

Here’s hoping his professional career pans out better than his collegiate.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Something is seriously wrong with him… it’s a shame as it seems he has already peaked. I really think Georgia’s abysmal coaching contributed to his stagnation.

He doesn’t look like his is having fun and he isn’t relaxed.

Here’s hoping his professional career pans out better than his collegiate.

To add injury to insult we have Brody Buffington enrolled there to run track. What will she do to him? She needs to be fired.

freedom1

Mentor
He did run an indoor 20.12 on March 11th. That was number 1 in the world!! He could NOT have peaked. He in only 22 years old. Could he be over trained?? Is he having psychological problems. WTF??

sprintstar

Mentor
when you run indoors you peak for the finals then start to build for outdoor season with a goal of peaking near the end of the collegiate season for finals etc... so essentially they peak twice....

Warhawk_46

Master
He did run an indoor 20.12 on March 11th. That was number 1 in the world!! He could NOT have peaked. He in only 22 years old. Could he be over trained?? Is he having psychological problems. WTF??
I don’t buy the excuses… he is 22, he should have more stamina and better results. Heck, the people he runs against aren’t struggling so far behind their abilities.

It is the coaching and his inability to run relaxed. This is also likely a byproduct of bad coaching.

sprintstar

Mentor
I still say he should do his best(run on instinct)or lose in the 200m, either pullout of both relays or throw caution to wind and run the way he can. My opinion is his coach is not a good fit for him and he is struggling with his instincts versus her coaching philosophy.
He is not tired, he is not overworked anymore than anyone else he is competing with. Heck he could beat his teammate Godson in the 400m in my opinion, so he is not beat-up physically. He wants to win.......

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
One positive note about Boling . . . he looked good in the 4 x 400m relay.
I don't know his split, but I assume it was a pretty good time.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Sorry guys. I won't buy into the propaganda. Give the kid a REAL COACH and he can & will turn his career back around fast!
I guarantee it. Even since he was in high schools so many brainwashed track fans/normies and just racist fans have begged for
him to run the 400 or 800. Then he won't challenge their magical athletes. America doesn't want fast white sprinters and
especially a white male with blonde hair and blue eyes. It would wake too many people up that YES it's POSSIBLE.

Despite his talent at the 400 meters he belongs in the 100 and 200 meters. Let me train the kid? I would love to have a chance. Me,
sprintstar, mastermulti and maybe even a few others of us here could do a better job than his coach did. It's flat out embarssing for
that level of athlete at the top of the bell curve to run these times. The University of Georgia should also be angry and what has been
done to the kid. He is not hurt and not overweight. He is overtrained, overraced, and trained the wrong way. Even his teammate in the
sprints did horrible and he is black. She is not a good coach. Get out of Georgia and don't look back. Also don't listen to the moving
up to 400 or even some talk of 800 from people. NO. NO and I will say it ONE LAST TIME. NO!!!

sprintstar

Mentor
Well said WL! He should turn pro now and go train with Steiner or Prandini.....They could call their group the White Patrol lol Even MBSP they could all teach him fast block starts and running relaxed.....Here's a thought; Wallace Spearmon's PB was 19.65 Boling is at 19.92 that is a matter of 2-3 strides faster at most, Spearmon was well noted for running relaxed....

greyghost

Mentor
I have no doubt boling will benefit from the base being laid ...maybe later on this season ...but definitely
Next year ...that’s for sure ....