Martinez vs Cotto

Westside

Hall of Famer
This should be an explosive fight for however, long it lasts. Its the lineal undisputed Champ Martinez vs a resurrected Cotto based on his last outing. He looked great. I still believe Martinez stops him inside 8 rds if he is healed of his injuries that have dogged him since his win over Chavez Jr. The fight is this Saturday June 7th.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
This should be an explosive fight for however, long it lasts. Its the lineal undisputed Champ Martinez vs a resurrected Cotto based on his last outing. He looked great. I still believe Martinez stops him inside 8 rds if he is healed of his injuries that have dogged him since his win over Chavez Jr. The fight is this Saturday June 7th.

HBO has been showing this interview between the two boxer by Maxi pad Kellerwoman. Sergio seems to dislike Cotto quite a bit. He says he treats the people who bring him coffee, and water like garbage, and that he has no class. He seems to really want to beat his face.

Westside

Hall of Famer
This fight is interesting. 1st, its going to show how good an elite trainer Roach is. 2nd its gonna show how much Martinez has left. I feel Martinez is gonna lay out Cotto, who I like, as a Sportman, like a rug. It will be a highlight reel KO.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This fight is interesting. 1st, its going to show how good an elite trainer Roach is. 2nd its gonna show how much Martinez has left. I feel Martinez is gonna lay out Cotto, who I like, as a Sportman, like a rug. It will be a highlight reel KO.
Yes the noble Mulatto is in for a tough night. He is just too small for Martinez. The fight should play out similar to many times in history when the defending welterweight champions have challenged the reigning middleweight champion. Usually they were bounced like a beach ball.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just found out that Andy Lee will be challenging an affelet for a 154 lbs strap. It will open the PPV card tomorrow night.

I'm a huge fan of both Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto so I'm just hoping for a fair fight where the best man wins.

Martinez has the heart of a champion and used to be an extremely quick and reflexive type boxer puncher. However in his past few fights it has become clear that Martinez is slowing down and he is nowhere as sharp as he used to be.

Cotto has an extensive amateur background and usually fights in an aggressive come forward style. He used to be a ferocious bodypuncher but in recent years Cotto has also declined and he's been stopped twice.

This is an interestong fight because it really comes down to which guy still has something left in the tank and hasn't been completely used up. I'm a huge supporter of Sergio Martinez and he's an amazing guy but I have to admit Sergio has looked horrible in his past two fights. Sergio looked completely shot in his last fight. Reflexes, speed, and power all seem to be gone for Sergio and its causing him to take more punches than before. I feel like Cotto is the fresherguy so I'll predict a Cotto decision win.

Prediction: Cotto W 12 though I seriously wouldnt be shocked if Cotto stops Martinez. Sergio looks completely shot at this point. Sergio is making a lot of money for this fight and thats great cause he deserves it!

Watching the fight at the bar with my mates.

Andy Lee just scored an epic KO over his Negro opponent. Perfect lead hook counter punch dropped the Negro out cold. A bit similar to Froch-Groves. Great stuff from Andy!

Cant wait for the main event.

Last edited:

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Watching the fight at the bar with my mates.

Andy Lee just scored an epic KO over his Negro opponent. Perfect lead hook counter punch dropped the Negro out cold. A bit similar to Froch-Groves. Great stuff from Andy!

Cant wait for the main event.
Nice PPV KO win for Andy Lee. :thumbsup:

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm a huge fan of both Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto so I'm just hoping for a fair fight where the best man wins.

Martinez has the heart of a champion and used to be an extremely quick and reflexive type boxer puncher. However in his past few fights it has become clear that Martinez is slowing down and he is nowhere as sharp as he used to be.

Cotto has an extensive amateur background and usually fights in an aggressive come forward style. He used to be a ferocious bodypuncher but in recent years Cotto has also declined and he's been stopped twice.

This is an interestong fight because it really comes down to which guy still has something left in the tank and hasn't been completely used up. I'm a huge supporter of Sergio Martinez and he's an amazing guy but I have to admit Sergio has looked horrible in his past two fights. Sergio looked completely shot in his last fight. Reflexes, speed, and power all seem to be gone for Sergio and its causing him to take more punches than before. I feel like Cotto is the fresherguy so I'll predict a Cotto decision win.

Prediction: Cotto W 12 though I seriously wouldnt be shocked if Cotto stops Martinez. Sergio looks completely shot at this point. Sergio is making a lot of money for this fight and thats great cause he deserves it!
You were spot on. Martinez lost his ability to move and roll from punches and was lucky to escape from Cotto in the first. He was lucky that Cotto isn't a real middleweight or he would have been stopped in the first round or shortly there after. I guess Cotto vs Triple G will happen down the road. Which is a good thing for boxing as it will show the casual fan who the other champions have been ducking over the last few years. I feel sorry for anybody living in the one of the ghetto neighbourhoods in NYC as the Puerto Ricans will partying through the night......

Westside

Hall of Famer
A couple of things from this good PPV card.

1st, Andy Lee better get a better trainer than Both. Roach would serve the purpose. Lee was getting dominated by a B level fighter. Yeah, it was Julian Jackson's son, but he looked terrible being rocked in the entire fight. Thank God he believed in himself and clipped Jackson as he was recking havoc on Lee. I hope Lee gets a better trainer, because he looked like ****, until his power bailed him out.

As far as Cotto, congrats to him and Roach. They both realized that all the wars had Martinez wore him down. Its clear Martinez age and injuries caught up with him. But, Man, why settle for 1.5 to 7 million in Cotto's favor. Martinez's team failed him. As well as him not being truthful about the extent of his inhured knee.

Congrats to Cotto and his team to capitalizing on a perfect scenario. Cotto looked good tonight beating up a crippled/aged fighter. Lets's see him beat Triple G.

Last edited:

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Andy Lee was a big middleweight. He must be drained and depleted at 154. As for Martinez maybe time just caught up with him. Isn't he pushing 40?