Mark Hunt

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Here is a 'highlight' reel of the guy who just beat Cro Cop by split decision in the last Pride. Most of the reviews I read of that fight said there should have been no split. However, in the aforementioned 'highlight' reel, Hunt seems to be getting his ass beat more than kicking ass.

Ler me know what you think.

dkr77

Guru
Shogun, I watched the fight on PPV and I like CroCop, but in my opinionhe definitely lost the fight. Hunt was the aggressor throughout the entire fight and about halfway through the first roundCroCop looked tired and seemed very reluctant to engage Hunt. CroCop did land someimpressive leg kicks but they didn't seem to faze his opponent. CroCops best opportunity came in about the last 1 1/2 minutes of the fight when he got Hunt to the ground, took side control,but did'nt capitalize on the position byusing knees / fist strikesto the head / body. I also noticed CroCop was very reluctant tostrike with his hands and because of this he seemed one dimensional. If CC is ever going to take the title he needs to really concentrate onhoning his submission skills.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info, dk. Sounds like CroCop was injured or gassed or something. Hunt was the agressor, was he knocking him around while going after him? Maybe that would explain his hesitance?
smiley36.gif

I'm going to have watch that fight somewhere.

Hunt's fans and camp need to put together a better highlight video.
smiley36.gif

Although at least its honest in that it shows him losing fights, too, so you have to respect them for that.

According to the PRIDE president, Mirko had a slight fever during the fight, which explains why they allowed him to wear shoes. I would love to see a rematch between Hunt and CC now that they're 1-1 against each other, as Mirko beat Hunt by decision in K-1, its one of the few, if not the ony time Hunt was ever knocked down. The man has a granite chin.

Still I think Mirko would've had no trouble with Hunt if he took him to the ground, but Mirko insisted on standing with Hunt because he doesnt want to lose his reputation as the best striker in the world.. Hopefully they'll meet each other at the PRIDE heavyweight grand prix in August, which will probably resut in the winner losing to Fedor in the final.

dkr77

Guru
Rumor has it that CC had the flu. By the way CC was constantly retreating I thought he had either injured his hands or was overly concerned about Hunts punching power. Just speculation on my part
smiley2.gif

G

I saw the fight on PPV also. It seemed like Cro Cop relied too heavily upon scoring a first round KO, and after he couldn't get it, he looked lost.

Cro Cop should have taken Hunt down for some GnP. Cro Cop got full mount at the very end of the fight, with literally one or two seconds left. If he could have done that earlier in the fight, things may have turned out differently.

I don't agree with some people who are saying Cro Cop is done. In his last 3 fights he has lost a decision to Fedor, no shame in losing to Fedor, Beat Barnett, and lost a split decision to Hunt. A fight he could have definetly won with a better game plan. Edited by: panzer

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Here's a good clip of CroCop beating Bob Sapp.

CroCop vs SappEdited by: jaxvid

dkr77

Guru
I don't agree with much of what is said on some of the MMA sites. Many of the posters seemdoltish and I would imagine a significant part of their members are in their teens. Not to badmouth young people but that is the segment of the population quickest to resort to name calling when you have an opposing opinion.