man father of 70 kids

dwid

Hall of Famer
I know we know of the Duggars and I think its great that they promote large families, not every woman is biologically set up like Mrs. Duggar to have children that frequently and usually top out at 10 kids, but this new thing that I saw was completely different. This guy donated sperm repeatedly while a student, seems like a bright guy, and he is about to get married and it turns out he has 70+ offspring, from what I saw on the show, they were all White kids.

What do you guys think of this? I mean the mothers seemed smart, although it seems weird to get pregnant that way. The father seems smart as well, just dumb for not thinking this through when he was younger. I didn't watch enough but I know one family that used his sperm, the dad that was not the biological father looked darker, hard to tell if 100 percent White, while the mom was obviously White. One was a single mom that apparently failed to find the right person and decided to do it before she was too old. I am really not sure what to think of this. I mean 70+ White kids is a plus, but they all share the same dna (50 percent) and I just don't think its right to get pregnant that way. At least they are meeting up which each other to find out a little information on who they are related to. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.boston.com/community/moms/articles/2011/09/15/sperm_donor_has_70_kids_and_counting/

I know we know of the Duggars and I think its great that they promote large families, not every woman is biologically set up like Mrs. Duggar to have children that frequently and usually top out at 10 kids, but this new thing that I saw was completely different. This guy donated sperm repeatedly while a student, seems like a bright guy, and he is about to get married and it turns out he has 70+ offspring, from what I saw on the show, they were all White kids.

What do you guys think of this? I mean the mothers seemed smart, although it seems weird to get pregnant that way. The father seems smart as well, just dumb for not thinking this through when he was younger. I didn't watch enough but I know one family that used his sperm, the dad that was not the biological father looked darker, hard to tell if 100 percent White, while the mom was obviously White. One was a single mom that apparently failed to find the right person and decided to do it before she was too old. I am really not sure what to think of this. I mean 70+ White kids is a plus, but they all share the same dna (50 percent) and I just don't think its right to get pregnant that way. At least they are meeting up which each other to find out a little information on who they are related to. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.boston.com/community/moms/articles/2011/09/15/sperm_donor_has_70_kids_and_counting/

I don't like it at all because every child deserves a mother and a father..... but ..... whites are facing a demographic crisis and are on the verge of extinction so I say more power to this guy and others like him! This may be the only way to save the white race at this point.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't like it at all because every child deserves a mother and a father..... but ..... whites are facing a demographic crisis and are on the verge of extinction so I say more power to this guy and others like him! This may be the only way to save the white race at this point.
You also have the potential for abuse ie this case....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Jacobson Also this nonsense was made into a B grade comedy.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5MhtZr34s

Woody

Guru
"I don't like it at all because every child deserves a mother and a father..... but ..... whites are facing a demographic crisis and are on the verge of extinction so I say more power to this guy and others like him! This may be the only way to save the white race at this point."

The limiting factor in reproduction is the amount of females available, not the amount of males.

Or at least that's the way animals operate. I would say if there is one thing that sets human beings apart it's that we DON'T strive to be animals and have made a concerted effort in our history to not behave as such. In that case, the limiting factor would be how many male-female couplets you can have.

But given that people nowadays DO act like animals, I see no way that men donating their sperm would increase the population. If they didn't do it, the females would find a man who was willing to impregnate them old-fashioned like. The amount of pregnancies that have occurred ONLY because there is sperm donation, i.e. the mothers would never have gotten pregnant if that option did not exist, is negligible, if it it exists at all.

The amount of pregnancies that never occur because the woman is banking on being able to get pregnant later on by sperm donation even if she has not fostered a relationship with a man is probably much higher...I would guess that often the woman finds out she is no longer fertile after putting off pregnancy because she believes she has that option.

Bam, missed shot at bringing in another white person, if that's the ultimate goal.

Now if you were talking about egg donation and raising test-tube babies, you would have an argument.