Malignaggi vs Porter

Westside

Hall of Famer
Big night on Showtime tomorrow night. Malignaggi will be going for his 4th title, this one at 147 lbs. From what I have seen of Porter, he is a rugged, pressure fighter. Other than that, nothing special. A solid B level fighter. If the Paulie who beat Juhah several months ago shows up, he should win by UD or decision even if he wins most of the rounds. If Paulie wins this, he will be in line for big lucrative fights. Paulie is sort of enjoying a second career as a marquee fighter. I thought after the Cotto and Hatton beatdowns that his day job would be broadcasting. Paulie has immense boxing skill and IQ, but no power. If he did, he would be a complete fighter and in the top P4P rankings. Paulie never ducked anyone, always wanted to compete against the best. Kudos to him.

Last edited:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Big night on Showtime tomorrow night. Malignaggi will be going for his 4th title, this one at 147 lbs. From what I have seen of Porter, he is a rugged, pressure fighter. Other than that, nothing special. A solid B level fighter. If the Paulie who beat Juhah several months shows up, he should win by UD or decision even if he wins most of the rounds. If Paulie wins this, he will be in line for big lucrative fights. Paulie is sort of enjoying a second career as a marquee fighter. I thought after the Cotto and Hatton beatdowns that his day job would be broadcasting. Paulie has immense boxing skill and IQ, but no power. If he did, he would be a complete fighter and in the top P4P rankings. Paulie never ducked anyone, always wanted to compete against the best. Kudos to him.

Im a big fan of Paulie. Like you said he NEVER even thought about ducking anyone. Hes as tough as they come. Hatton, Cotto, and Kahn beat the hell out of him, but he stayed in the pocket, and scrapped the entire fight. He went to Ukraine and took Senchenkos belt by stoppage. I have immense respect for the gritty New Yorker, and Im really looking forward to tomorrow. Im rooting for Paulie very hard.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Also on the same card, Bopkins vs Shemenov and Amerika's next great black hope Quillin "Kid Cocoa" vs Konecny. It will be affelets vs the world tomorrow. Hoping all non affelets come out on top. I expect at least one non affelet should win. Interesting night tomorrow.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Im a big fan of Paulie. Like you said he NEVER even thought about ducking anyone. Hes as tough as they come. Hatton, Cotto, and Kahn beat the hell out of him, but he stayed in the pocket, and scrapped the entire fight. He went to Ukraine and took Senchenkos belt by stoppage. I have immense respect for the gritty New Yorker, and Im really looking forward to tomorrow. Im rooting for Paulie very hard.
Woodhead, I forgot about the Kahn fight. Must be getting old. I am sure I saw it, but for the life of me, do not remotely remember it. Guess Youtube awaits me. LOL

Westside

Hall of Famer
Just saw the weigh in for the card. Paulie stared down Porter like a man confident of his abilities. Paulie is one American White Man that did not swallow the cult marx kool aid of the last 47 years.

Last edited:

white is right

Hall of Famer
Just saw the weigh in for the card. Paulie stared down Porter like a man confident of his abilities. Paulie is one American White Man that did not swallow the cult marx kool aid of the last 46 years.
Yep unlike Briggs there is bite with his bark. PS he had a mini race riot during the Khan press conference. His camp called Khan's people cab drivers and they called his people mobsters, let the brawl commence after those comments. Youtube might have the brawl.......:popcorn:

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Woodhead, I forgot about the Kahn fight. Must be getting old. I am sure I saw it, but for the life of me, do not remotely remember it. Guess Youtube awaits me. LOL

Yeah the Kahn fight is on youtube. If your a fan of Paulie its not really fun to watch though. Kahn was at his absolute best that night. Paulie managed to scuff up his face a little, but only won maybe two rounds. When the fight was stopped Paulie seemed grateful for it.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
[video=youtube;K7ujcbynujc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K7ujcbynujc[/video]

Great thread and I completely agree with Westside and Wes Woodhead, I'm also a supporter of Paulie. The first time I saw Paulie fight was against Donald Camarena on Friday Night Fights. Not sure of the exact date but that must have been back in 2004 or so. Goodluck to Paulie in tonight's fight. Porter is good and aggressive so he will likely bring the fight to Paulie. Paulie is faster and much better technically and defensively. In a fair fight, I like Paulie via competitive decision. American judges love their Negro boxers though, so we shouldn't expect fair officiating. See Paulie's fight with Broner, no way did Broner deserve that, but the Amerikan judges gave it to the Negro.

As for the other fights on the card. Well I'd just love to see Shumenov beat Hopkins. I can't stand Bernard, his fights are horribly boring and he should retire already. Shumenov can win this fight if he brings a correct gameplan. Bernard is ultra defensive and only throws like 30 punches a round. So its important that Shumenov LETS HIS HANDS GO. Beibut needs to be throwing ideally 60 punches a round. That being said, dont expect fair officiating because if Shumenov beats BHOP then Showtime loses their Hopkins - Stevenson fight that theyve been building up.

As for Quillin - Konecny. Well Quillin is probably the most protected titlist in all of boxing. Simply put, Quillin is not very good. Gabe Rosado was beating Quillin up and Quillin was lucky to get out of that fight with the decision. It's only a matter of time before Quillin is KO'd. Golovkin, Chavez JR, Martinez would all KO him. Even guys like Sturm, Stevens will beat him. I reckon even Andy Lee could take him.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Yes, the officials will help Hopkins tonight.

article-0-1903295A00000578-908_634x423.jpg

white is right

Hall of Famer
As for Quillin - Konecny. Well Quillin is probably the most protected titlist in all of boxing. Simply put, Quillin is not very good. Gabe Rosado was beating Quillin up and Quillin was lucky to get out of that fight with the decision. It's only a matter of time before Quillin is KO'd. Golovkin, Chavez JR, Martinez would all KO him. Even guys like Sturm, Stevens will beat him. I reckon even Andy Lee could take him.
Kid Chocolate Quilin won a vacant title from Dimitry Pirog when Pirog had to vacate his belt due to back issues. His title value in near zero and the type of opponents his management team has chosen has been soft to say the least. No offense to Rosado and Konecny but both are really ESPN level opponents. Quillin will get starched in a unification fight or if he fights a mandatory defense against a legitimate number 1 contender.

Watching Quillin - Konecny right now. Showtime is actually trying to make it seem like Quillin is an elite middleweight. Yea right. Quillin is very easy to hit and Konecny has landed regularly throughout. Showtime commentators also stated the only reason Quillin doesnt fight Golovkin or Martinez is because of network differences. Yea right. Peter Quillin is not very good and his management is protecting him dearly. Golovkin would annihilate this guy. Martinez would school him. Even contenders like Curtis Stevens would KO him. He is way overprotected and Showtimes commentary is delusional. Golovkin would KO him in 1 round. I dont even think hell make that fight before he is KO'd in a defense. Easy to hit and no real skills.

Quillin is literally probably the most protected fighter in all of boxing. His matchmaking gives Wilder a run for his money. He will be KO'd early against any legitimate opponent, guaranteed...

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
THe commentators were sure to praise the interracial marrige between Quillen and his White women.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Portor trying dirty tactics in round 1

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Porter with elbows and headbutts in round 2. The commentators justify it. Porter did smack Paulie a couple times.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Paulie falling for Porters trap. Brawling with the guy. Its ugly, but iits 3 rounds to none for the negro at this point.

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
Paulies career is over

Westside

Hall of Famer
Paulie loses by KO. Paulie had no power to keep Porter honest. Porter just steamrolled him. I think this is Paulie's last fight. Oh well, he had a good career.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
To be fair, Shawn Porter is a black boxer who impresses me. He's not a cowardly runner.

In contrast, Peter Quillen kept backing up from the much smaller, light-punching and past-prime Lucas Konecny for 12 rounds tonight. The official scorecards for that fight were ridiculously wide.

Gotta give Porter credit, that was a tremendous performance. I've seen Porter fight before and I knew he is good, aggressive, and hits hard. Malignaggi didnt have any power so not smart to trade punches with a brawler. Malignaggi needed to get on his bike and run but couldnt do it.

To be fair, Shawn Porter is a black boxer who impresses me. He's not a cowardly runner. In contrast, Peter Quillen kept backing up from the much smaller, light-punching and past-prime Lucas Konecny for 12 rounds tonight. The official scorecards for that fight were ridiculously wide.
Fully agreed. I feel the same way. He fights like a man, have to give credit where its due. He doesnt run and fight overly defensive like most American boxers do.