Lynn Swann is 20 Points Behind

Last week, I looked at an election rundown, and it said that Lynn Swann was 20 points behind in the Pennsylvania Governor's race. This is all I know about the race.

Last year in another thread, I predicted that Swann wouldn't do as well as you might think because athletes aren't regarded as serious people. Jack Kemp and Bill Bradley were duds as Presidential candidates, despite much favorable press. Especially Kemp.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's the typical awful choice in this election between Swann the Republican -- a complete political novice whose every appearance and utterance is carefully scripted and controlled to cover his lack of knowledge and substance on the issues -- and incumbent Democrat Ed Rendell -- a great example of a sleazy political insiderwho knows all the dirty ins and outs of politics.

Swann is a well-spoken and nice person -- but hey so are a lot of people and that doesn't make them qualified to be the governor of Pennsylvania. Black Republican vs. Jewish Democrat. The differences between them racially are greater than their differences on the important issues. Either way the status quo remains firmly in control.