Luka Doncic

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The funny thing is the black ex pro basketball commentators always say things like he is unathletic, plays slow, etc.

Well, if that’s true, then how is he so dominant right now? And what does it say about the largely black competitors he is smoking?
Classic double think. I guess they are just a bunch of affletic slow bois.

grandmaster

Luka Doncic is leading the NBA in scoring with 34.7 points per game and he is putting up triple doubles like crazy. Is this finally the
year that Doncic wins the NBA MVP? He will need to play at this level and lead the Mavs deep into the playoffs to have a chance. In
my opinion he deserves it regardless.

The Mavs aren't doing well enough for Luka to win. Jokic is a huge favorite for MVP.

Jokic's biggest competition is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who's the best player on the team with the best record in the West, but while he's a very good player, Shai just isn't talented enough to win MVP. He'd be, by far, the worst MVP since Derrick Rose in 2011.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Mavs aren't doing well enough for Luka to win. Jokic is a huge favorite for MVP.

Jokic's biggest competition is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who's the best player on the team with the best record in the West, but while he's a very good player, Shai just isn't talented enough to win MVP. He'd be, by far, the worst MVP since Derrick Rose in 2011.

I don't agree with this. I'm ok with Jokic winning again but is it Doncic's Fault that Kyrie Irving has been hurt for 1/3 or more of the season?
He is in the top 3 in Triple Doubles and leading the NBA in scoring. How is that now enough to get more consideration?

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander while a very good player averages 3 1/2 fewer points per game, fewer rebounds and fewer assists. He also plays with both Chet Holmgren and Josh Giddey. Luka Doncic carries the team almost by himself most nights.

jphoss

Mentor
I’d love if Luka would win mvp, Jokic already has 2 plus a finals mvp so I feel it’s better for us to have 3 of the last 4 mvp’s white men. However while Luka is putting up ridiculous numbers (and he needs to demand a trade this summer) he is fighting the uphill battle of not being on a top tier team plus being a white player. Either guy winning it would be great for us, to me it looks like it’ll be Jokic

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I’d love if Luka would win mvp, Jokic already has 2 plus a finals mvp so I feel it’s better for us to have 3 of the last 4 mvp’s white men. However while Luka is putting up ridiculous numbers (and he needs to demand a trade this summer) he is fighting the uphill battle of not being on a top tier team plus being a white player. Either guy winning it would be great for us, to me it looks like it’ll be Jokic

I would love to see Luka on the Utah Jazz, Miami Heat or the Sacramento Kings.

JohnHarper

I’m not sure what to refer to the phenomenon of two White players at the top of the NBA and the common remaining (mis)perception in our culture. It’s similar to how Whites have dominated the upper weights in boxing and yet the common narratives continue, where the average American only knows of legends (Ali, Foreman, etc), 90’s boxers (Tyson, Holyfield, etc) or currents like Mayweather (a little guy) and maybe Wilder (a power puncher with terrible boxing skills, imo).

Of course I’ve got ideas as to why this is (a number of contributing factors), but this reality makes it a fun time to be alive and shows even more how the racial views of our culture are almost religious like.

grandmaster

There's a very good chance we'll have whites finish 1st and 2nd in MVP voting in 2024. That's only happened 3 times in NBA/ABA history:

2007:
1st Dirk (Germany)
2nd Nash (South Africa)

1957:
1st Cousy (USA)
2nd Pettit (USA)

1956:
1st Pettit (USA)
2nd Arizin (USA)

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Mentor
There's a very good chance we have whites finish 1st and 2nd in MVP voting. This has only happened 3 times in NBA/ABA history:

2007:
1st Dirk (Germany)
2nd Nash (South Africa)

1957:
1st Cousy (USA)
2nd Pettit (USA)

1956:
1st Pettit (USA)
2nd Arizin (USA)
IF that happens, and I'm doubtful it will, I expect Black Americans will become very anti immigration and want Trump to build that wall..

SneakyQuick

Mentor
IF that happens, and I'm doubtful it will, I expect Black Americans will become very anti immigration and want Trump to build that wall..
Except they want a wall around Europe ?

Tough to have a room temperature IQ, I suppose.

Lmao