Lost Son?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the name of this kid who made High School Athlete of the Week here in western Pennsylvania.

Then look at the name of the guy who authored the short write-up.
smiley36.gif

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07256/817151-49.stm

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
David Duke, with the same name as the KKK leader, I highly doubt he'd be too popular with black teammates at a place like the U. At least he's a white QB though. Football still wants whites at that position.

Uh.... That's former KKK Leader. As in something he did 30 some odd years ago. Why not describe him as prominent White Nationalist, or former Louisiana State Representative? Don't mean to pick on you, but anyone who has followed Duke knows this is a very common tactic used by those who seek to discredit him.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
reclaimsocal said:
Uh.... That's former KKK Leader. As in something he did 30 some odd years ago. Why not describe him as prominent White Nationalist, or former Louisiana State Representative? Don't mean to pick on you, but anyone who has followed Duke knows this is a very common tactic used by those who seek to discredit him.

I see your point, socal, but on the other hand isn't that like saying John Elway runs a car dealership? What do most people know him as? To most people, having been in the KKK is like being an ex-con. No such thing as 'former.'

guest301

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
reclaimsocal said:

I see your point, socal, but on the other hand isn't that like saying John Elway runs a car dealership? What do most people know him as? To most people, having been in the KKK is like being an ex-con. No such thing as 'former.'

Unless you are Sen. Robert Byrd from West Virginia and a former KKK guy apparantly in good stead with the rest of the Democratic party who by the way would never let a Republican get away with that kind of background without bringing it up in their talking points every chance they get.Edited by: guest301

If the writer is Mike White the Football coach who coached Wes Welker and Chuck Muncie this some some serious praise for a young white athelte

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
White Shogun said:
reclaimsocal said:

Unless you are Sen. Robert Byrd from West Virginia and a former KKK guy apparantly in good stead with the rest of the Democratic party who by the way would never let a Republican get away with that kind of background without bringing it up in their talking points every chance they get.

I forgot about Byrd, yes he is a democrat and as usual they are dishonest. I think David Duke also ran as a democrat for some office. And this is the party of black people?

It seems that all blacks remember is Kennedy and LBJ's desegregation policies. However, the first Republican Abe Lincoln did a hell of a lot more for them, even though race wasn't his top motivator. And Dwight Eisenhower was President when the Board vs. Brown decision was handed out by the Supreme Court if I am not mistaken. The Dems aren't the party of black people they are the party of dishonesty, double standards and special interests that will get them elected.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Then look at the name of the guy who authored the short write-up.

I don't get it. Was it because his last name is White?