Loretta Lynn Dies at 90

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Loretta Lynn who rose from poverty to become the most recognized woman in country music has died at the age of 90. Often referred to as the "First Lady" of country music, the movie, Coal Miner's Daughter was made about her life and experiences. Actress Sissy Spacek won an Academy Award for portraying Ms. Lynn.
If you've never seen Coal Miner's Daughter, I highly suggest watching it. May she rest in peace.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Loretta Lynn who rose from poverty to become the most recognized woman in country music has died at the age of 90. Often referred to as the "First Lady" of country music, the movie, Coal Miner's Daughter was made about her life and experiences. Actress Sissy Spacek won an Academy Award for portraying Ms. Lynn.
If you've never seen Coal Miner's Daughter, I highly suggest watching it. May she rest in peace.
I thought she died years ago. I'm not much of a country music fan but I remember seeing her on Hee Haw in the 70's and pitching products in this era during day time television. Sad news.....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I loved that movie. She was so talented. What a great singer & perfomer. May she rest in peace.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I remember her and thought she seemed very genuine even though I wasn't a big Country music fan. When I see people her age and they pass on I can only wonder how they feel seeing what they saw in the life of America 1.0 totally transitioning to the daily chaos of now.

My dad passed last year and my mom earlier this year. They were both liberals I'm sad to say. From what I could tell in them and others, the libs just take the leftist agenda with a grain of salt. It's us who are biblically-minded who seem the most pained by what has happened.

Since Loretta Lynn passed off the scene for the most part since the 80's I can bet she was not all "in" on the leftist hardball swing in all aspects of life like some entertainers are until the end of life. She probably just rode out the storm. Sad. RIP.