Looking for some input.

C Darwin

Mentor
I have a 7 year old daughter that enjoys dancing and listening to music. Just recently, she received as a free gift the soundtrack from hairspray.

smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif
smiley11.gif

Needless to say I don't approve of any song on that pile of crap CD, but my daughter LOVES it. I dont want to just take it away from her, but I want to replace it with a 'mix tape' of other songs that don't promote race mixing and that promote good values.

What I'm asking from my fellow CFers is if they can post the titles of songs that they would recommend for an 7 year olds play list, or even some artists.

I also try to stay away from anything Disney.

Thanks in advance.

smiley4.gif
Edited by: C Darwin

Sean

Mentor
C Darwin, I don't know how you feel about Christian music, but the Newsboys are a very good Australian/American band. They do a sort of Christian Pop/Rock type music, good message, and something you can dance to. I first starting listening to them when I was a little younger than 7, and really enjoyed it. Here's a few of their songs:

Shine

Take me to Your Leader (a personal favorite)

Woo Hoo

Hope this helps. Everything else I know is too heavy metal
smiley5.gif

A year ago I was in a doctor's office. There families and children there. I suggested to the receptionist that she change the radio station, for I counsidered the music to be too earthy and adult for children to hear. I was surprised when she told me it was the Disney station! I thought that disney programmed their station for music that children and young teens like. I now feel they are forcing this on them. (I do not know the songs or artists I heard.) I would rather have little children little to all my Judas Priest albums- forwards and backwards- than anything I heard that day.
Let your kids listen to classical music. They'll learn something!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
C Darwin,

i've a close friend who is a devout Christian and is also the father of a young girl. on a recent visit, his girl (she's 4) was singing along to the song It's On by Superchick and i caught myself nodding my head to it.

it's girl rock
smiley9.gif
, but it has a positve empowering message and the beat is pretty cool. i put in a request to him of some other cool songs his daughter likes, and they'll all be very family friendly. and i'll forward them when i get 'em.

hope you enjoy.
smiley1.gif

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Try some early Hilary Duff CD's (like "Metamorphosis")--which seem tocontain somesweetharmless pop music.

Observer

Mentor
There must be some CD's of European folk music. Maybe she can pick up some Medieval French in the process.