LB -- Colton Walls -- Wesley's son

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Colton-Walls-102250

Verbaled to Clemson?
smiley78.gif

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although Clemson will doubtless supply Colton with an advanced degree in multicultural awareness and hip-hop gangsterisms, at least he will have the opportunity to attend team meetings and practice with a FBS school, and maybe even play a down or two here and there.

What is really galling (but not surprising in the least) is his "no star" "no ratings" from WhiteRivals. Of course, that is nothing. Surfing around, I found this hack from one of the school's fansites who says some amazingly ignorant things:

Colton Walls, a 6'2 225lb MLB from Latin HS in Charlotte NC, son of former Carolina Panther Wesley Walls, has been offered and committed to Clemson today. He is Clemson's 16th commitment (and first LB)and had official offers from Memphis and Duke, with interest from UNC and Vandy. He was recruited by Dan Pearman with Kevin Steele, who coached for the Panthers while Wesley was in his heyday at TE.

From looking at his film though, I see nothing that would cause me to offer. It is just OK. He does not have great speed (4.7 40), but seems to read his keys properly. His size is good andhe has good strength so hegets off blocks fine.Technique in pass drops is average and needs work. I will point out that LB film is tougher to gauge in a few minutes than is lineman film.

There is no one to my knowledge at this HS we are going for that is a bigger name either.

Wallshad 115 tackles and 7 sacks last season as they won the state championship.

He shouldn't be offered? Why is that? His size is ideal, he had great numbers in high school, runs a 4.7 40, which is great for a high school linebacker, and around the average for linebackers at the NFL combine, but does not have great speed? I guess that his telling lack of melanin is the greatest factor here.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Yeah Football Dad idk if Walls is affletic enough to play at Clemson, the white masses might call for a darker replacement. Hopefully if he feels he is starting to get shafted he will transfer to a school where he knows he will get some PT.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Yeah Football Dad idk if Walls is affletic enough to play at Clemson, the white masses might call for a darker replacement. Hopefully if he feels he is starting to get shafted he will transfer to a school where he knows he will get some PT.
It depends on how ambitious and hard-working he is. For a white LB to get a schollie from an ACC school like Clemson is remarkable in itself, and perhaps he feels that it's worth it to get a shot to play for a true FBS school, which is the only likely way a white LB (with a few exceptions) would get a shot to play on Sundays. Sure, he could always go to a lower-tier university and play full-time, guaranteed, but on that last Saturday of his senior year, that's it, the cleats are hung up for good.