Keith Elias victim of Race Card Ploy

G

I recall an incident years ago when Harvard alum TB Keith Elias was playing in the NFL wherein a black defensive player had accused him of using the "N" word while both were on the playing field...I remember seeing something about it years after the fact, and the accusing player was actually joking around about it quite light-hearted, saying that he had fabricated the ploy on the field, shouting to all who could hear (Elias' O-line guys, refs, and presumably most anyone in earshot) about how he was gonna get him for using the word, and that, as he recollected, it worked wonders by messing with Elias and his team-mates...I can't remember for sure who the player was; somehow I seem to recall it might have been Simeon Rice of Tampa...I'm pretty sure the guy was a DE anyway...can't remember if Elias was on the NYG or IND at the time either...maybe someone else here remembers that very enlightening episode.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't heard of the Elias incident (yet another guy who might have found a niche in the NFL but didn't get a genuine opportunity). I remember an o-lineman for Detroit who got in trouble about 10 years ago for calling a black opponent the n-word. In his defense he stated that black players had repeatedly called him by racial slurs during the game and he was only giving it back. That of course got him nowhere and he was the only one punished, both by the NFL and the media.

It would benice to get some former (or current)NFL players posting on Caste Football. Or former NBA players. They would undoubtedly have many interesting stories to tell. . .

G

No doubt...I'd be very interested to hear what guys like JERVEY, SEHORN, ALSTOTT, etc...would have to say about this casting process...the one thing I have noticed is that the one thing the majority ethnicity (i.e. black) players do not like is white players who are overtly egotistical, pretty-boys or obviously vain as with JERVEY, KASPER, McNOWN, etc...If ALSTOTT had been bleaching his hair, and hitting the tanning bed and wearing flashy jewellery like JERVEY and KASPER were known to do, I doubt he'd ever have seen over 1000 carries in his career. Image is very important in keeping a tight ship of a football team, and the black players seem to not like the vainglorious stuff from "blue-collar" i.e. non-black players...they also don't seem to like letting non-black players hit certain 'milestone' markers in performance:

Witness HOOVER's 99-yrd performance last year against SD...somehow, I suspect that had HOOVER been black, team-mates would have been petitioning coach FOX to give Brad one more carry to hit that magical century mark. It's a bit of a jump to suggest that players might have been activelyworking (either intheir play orverbally)to stifle HOOVERmarking this 'aesthetic' yard, but who knows...a 3-digits-rushing outing is a sort of metaphorical gold-chain, if you will, and we all know how some people covet ostentatious display.

Similarly, ALSTOTT came within some 50 yards ofmatching the 'performance aesthetic' of the 1000-yard-season in '99; I'd suggest that he would have seen that mark if the 'racial aesthetic' had been different. I'd further say that the only reason ALSTOTT ever was given a chance to perform as a legitimate rusher was the simple fact that his coach was black. Perhaps unencumbered by the 'racial aesthetic' of fielding a non-black feature-back (okay, only half the time, but that's something) DUNGY just worked with what he had: a 250 behemoth with the speed, acceleration, agility and balance of a man some 50+ pounds lighter matched with good hands, football smarts and toughness. Of course, he was always listed at FB, but that was really just to get his ass on the ProBowl every year; for all intents and purposes, DUNGY played ALSTOTT as a tailback much of the time, and not just on short-yardage goal-line situations...perhaps ifKONRAD, HOOVER,Sean BENNETT, BOWERS, or even guys like SCHLESINGER and Mark NOHRA (another great canadianrusher that never got a fair shake in the NFL)had found themselves in a similar situation, they'd have had some 500+ or possibly even 1000 year seaons by now...

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Welcome to the board.Great post by the way.Jervey was
one of my favorite players and I hated how he was
screwed over and forced to play only on special teams.
Jervey had a 100 yard game on one occasion and could
have had many more if he was allowed to develop.We just
can't have a athletic white running back like Jervey
who almost won the nfl's fastest man contest.I really
hope Luke Staley wakes up before he's too old.He is still
only around 24/25.He could try to play in nfl europe or
in the cfl.Jesse Lumsden deserves a shot.I hope he
lites up the scoreboard when he runs on one of the
upcoming pro days.Run a legit 4.4 or 4.5 and force them
to draft you.Go Lumsden.
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I know he is running very soon but still no word as to
whether it's going to be in Cali. or Arizona.Has
anyone heard what day Lumsden is doing his Pro Day
Workout yet?Any info would be appreciated.Thanks.

speedster

Mentor
That's an interesting point you raise,Don.To have NFL players posting on this site about the caste system would be awesome.Heck,players from all sports would be awesome.I have a question.Have you gave some thought to maybe conducting an interview with a former athlete,it would have to be a former athlete since a current one would be totally black-balled,about his experiences with the caste system? Although Ricky Proehl just signed on for another year he would be a great interview,since from day one he's been constantly abused from black corners and the media and others.Maybe you could put out some feelers to disgruntled white athletes who feel they didn't get a fair shake and want to talk. A perfect example would be Luke Staley the number one athlete abused by Mr.Caste.Give it some thought,Don.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I second that.I would love to see many interviews from
either current or former high school,college,and pro
players.We should start with Luke.I would pay to hear
that interview.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What I'm hoping is that over time we will continue to build traffic to the point that many white athletes come here, and eventually some pro, former-pro, and elite athletes that tried to go pro but didn't make it, will naturally become part of the discussion forum. I'm sure most of our current posters were involved in athletics to varying degrees. At that point I'm sure interviews could be done according to the parameters desired by the athlete (whether he wanted his name used, etc.).

I remember someone a while back posting about a friend being good friends with a wide receiver who is trying to make it in the NFL. Maybe that receiver now knows about Caste Football. Word of mouth about the site always helps, along with posting links and articles from Caste Football on other sports boards and political boards.