Joshua Wright

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
joshuawright.jpg

Josh Wright

Wright, from PN-G High School in Texas has already been named to the 2009 Max Emfinger All-American game. after watching his highlight video, i think Wright's best position at the next level would be cornerback. he doesn't seem to have the vision of a true tailback, but with his speed (4.46) and his size (5-9) he would be perfectly suited to play at corner.

Josh Wright's junior year highlight video.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I agree with you that CB would be his best position JC. Reminds me a little of Michael Campanaro albeit slightly less speed and maybe not as experienced a pass catcher. Both Wright and Campanaro seem to be good at running the wide sweep because of their speed or bursting to a hole through the line if it is big, but tend to not use their angles on the field or their peripheral vision enough to see defenders once in the second level. Both these guys could be nice contributers to a solid Division IA teams backfield, especially Campanaro, but at CB they could have a big impact!

Edited to say: Part of it might be that Campanaro and Wright just simply outrun their blocks they are both blazers for H.S and Division IA too.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Josh Wright, even with his measurables and performance ended up at NAIA Northwestern Oklahoma State University. Here is his mug shot from the college website. He's listed at 5'10", 210 pounds. Ideal size for a D1 running back, assuming that his measurables are in line, but that lack of melanin is a killer. Looking at the combined stats for the year, though, it doesn't look like he even saw the field as a freshman. Considering that the four guys (or so) ahead of him are all "of color", he's have to post a 4.25 40 to even merit consideration.