Jordan Cameron

DWFan

Mentor
Article

Ugh...started this topic as Cameron Jordan...maybe I should work for Cleveland.Edited by: DWFan

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
The Browns are out of the playoffs. They need to start looking to the future.

They should start Jordan Cameron so he can develop and show what he can do.

backrow

Hall of Famer
they were supposedly very high on him, but since i am not watching Browns at all this season i am not sure whether they use him sparingly or is Weeden not looking his way? he has so much potential...

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
In Evan Moore's first game in 2009 he had terrific stats and it looked like a star was born. But the Browns just stopped trying to develop him even though, as always, they were in desperate need of strong receiving options. Reminds me of Darren Chiaverini, who played really well as a rookie in the second half of the 1999 season then somehow ended up in the "doghouse" the next training camp and was pretty much ex-communicated from the league the way a lot of White receivers mysteriously are after showing ability.

That's why I can't get too excited about Cameron. Other than the brief Mangini era, and other rare exceptions like when Joe Jurevicious played for them the final two years of his under-utilized career, the Browns have been a graveyard for White receivers and White players in general outside of quarterback and the o-line. And it's not a coincidence that they remain one of the few teams never to reach the Super Bowl and are almost never even in contention for a playoff spot even though 12 of the 32 teams make it each year.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Evan Moore is a good receiver. His best roles are receiving tight end, h back, possession receiver or a combination of the three. He's a good red zone target.

The reason the Browns gave for cutting him was his blocking. Blocking is not Moore's forte, receiving is. The Browns cut a player who could have helped them. Moore was better than some of the players the Browns kept.

I believe Moore is with Seattle now, a team with a better record than the Browns.

Cameron is also a receiving tight end. Let's hope he doesn't get the same treatment as Moore.