Jon Jones vs Cyril Gane

sprintstar

Mentor
Can someone here explain to me how in the hell Jon Jones is still allowed to fight even though he is a druggie and he is now fighting at heavyweight for the belt????? I know Ngannou was stripped of the belt but how the heck does Gane rank #1 and Jones unranked gets a title shot???? Is Dana White servicing Jones???? Or is it the owners of UFC pushing this agenda??? This fight is a travesty to all those who work their butts off(clean) in the UFC and the rest of the MMA world.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Definitely seems UFC is appeasing Jones. They need a cash cow at Heavyweight now that the “Frenchman” has left. Jones has made it clear he wants to fight the other African “Frenchman” Gane, and then fight Miocic.. Seems like that’s the storyline we’ll be given.

All of this is possible because of UFCs weak Heavyweight Division. Almost zero depth To it. Been a top heavy division for years now.

sprintstar

Mentor
essentially they want and will ensure Jones wins...Gane will do just enough to lose but not suspiciously then they(owners) want Jones to beat the White man Miocic who should retire before they do this.....

The UFC is no longer white friendly.....

NikoDuke

Mentor
The fact is that the UFC has jumped the shark. The sport was built on the back of entertaining , skilled fighters, many of them were White but, now it's full of non descript fighters who have little connection to the fan base.

freedom1

Mentor
Gane is going to KO Jones. Jones lost his last two LHW fights. You can put on muscle, but you can't put on bone. All Gane has to do is kick out Jones's skinny legs.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Gane is going to KO Jones. Jones lost his last two LHW fights. You can put on muscle, but you can't put on bone. All Gane has to do is kick out Jones's skinny legs.
While I wouldn't be bothered if Jones got knocked out, I don't think that will be the result..

Arerequired

Mentor
What the * was that?.. Maybe rigged, who even knows at this point, choke didn't even look tight, and Gane has some doodoo ground game. He seemed to crack under the pressure of such a big fight and looked rattled.

Shevchenko getting old, saw her getting long in the teeth her last fight but she made a fight IQ error throwing that back kick so close.

Hey at least all white men won their caste matchups this card, I guess I will be focusing on boxing or other sports if things continue to go this way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kaptain

Master
alexandra shevchenko, like Holly Holmes, is a great striker and very strong but just refuses to get any better at wrestling and on the ground in general. She got some take downs but had no plans to do anything on the ground and gives up her back easily and the choke again. Her amatuerish headlock attempts are laughable for a lady that is that skilled in other areas of MMA. Grosso had the right camp trainers - shevchenkos coaches are garbage. Getting better at wrestling is the main thing in MMA. As for Jones and Gane this was tailor made for Jones to win against weak wrestler. Bo Nickel in the best UFC fighter right now. He's going to walk through the UFC.

Arerequired

Mentor
alexandra shevchenko, like Holly Holmes, is a great striker and very strong but just refuses to get any better at wrestling and on the ground in general. She got some take downs but had no plans to do anything on the ground and gives up her back easily and the choke again. Her amatuerish headlock attempts are laughable for a lady that is that skilled in other areas of MMA. Grosso had the right camp trainers - shevchenkos coaches are garbage. Getting better at wrestling is the main thing in MMA. As for Jones and Gane this was tailor made for Jones to win against weak wrestler. Bo Nickel in the best UFC fighter right now. He's going to walk through the UFC.
She is technical but slowing down and made a mistake throwing that spinning back kick, she could win the rematch still for sure I think, still expected Gane to do better, or rather, not get instantly subbed, as Jones had trouble grappling smaller and injured opponents in his last few bouts before this. If Gane fought some HW grapplers like Blaydes, Stipe or Spivak I wonder what the outcome would have been.

sprintstar

Mentor
I think Shevchenko realized that Grasso had very heavy hands and could possibly KO her. She did not adapt well to Grasso fighting southpaw at all, her kicks were literally no existent when Grasso went southpaw. She fought kinda scared after getting smoked in the first round by a hard shot from Grasso. Rematch she wins via KO or submission.

Gane must have been paid well to lose the fight. Miocic would fold Jones up like a tent.....

Arerequired

Mentor
I think Shevchenko realized that Grasso had very heavy hands and could possibly KO her. She did not adapt well to Grasso fighting southpaw at all, her kicks were literally no existent when Grasso went southpaw. She fought kinda scared after getting smoked in the first round by a hard shot from Grasso. Rematch she wins via KO or submission.

Gane must have been paid well to lose the fight. Miocic would fold Jones up like a tent.....

Yup he went a** first into Jon after missing a cross, perhaps a fight IQ issue but there is no reason to do that.

white is right

Hall of Famer

Gane really isn't that skilled and is still green similar to Ngannou when he fought Stipe the first time. The UFC tends to rush prospects up the rankings by matching them with limited veterans or former stars who are shot to create hype for a high buy rate PPV.

Jones was sporting a dad bod gut I know he's in better shape than he looks but any naturally large heavyweight should be able to take him into deep waters and slowly weaken the blown up Jones.

PS during the interview Jones was making goat braying sounds and I found this post by astute MMA/boxing pundit Chael Sonnen...