John Stockton

PhillyBirds

Mentor
John Stockton and Michael Jordan headline this year's Naismith class, along with David Robinson.

Jordan and Stockton are absolute locks. Any thoughts on the others on the list (in this article)?

pt.guard2

Guru
I think Robinson is also a lock. Would love to see Mullin get in....he was one of the best pure shooters the NBA ever saw, but was also an unselfish team player who did everything in the flow of the game rather than just jacking up shots to increaes his average.

SoberWF

Chris Mullin would easily be a shoe in finalist had he not endured some nagging injuries later in his career. All his numbers, though nice as they are, would have been up there with the all-time best. People say he was a pure shooter, which he was, but he was an all-around fantastic player. As an avid Warrior fan at the time, during the fun Run TMC days, you always knew the Warriors would be in the game until the end, primarily because of Mullin. He was just flat out fun to watch. I thought he was pretty creative with ball, driving the lane, and always picked up the foul (which translated to a for sure foul shot), ran tirelessly without the ball to get open, played great team defence, with his quick hands, stole and blocked the ball more than people realized. As times fades, people are losing respect for his game and how complete it was. I keep asking myself lately, "we are the Chris Mullin's today?"

Chris had one sweet offensive game.

Had he been sober to start his career, would be a HOF lock. Beer and basketball don't mix -- unfortunately!

Guys like Mullin and Bernard King (in this years class)are hurt because there were so many high scoring swing men of that era that could just fill it up. In this era they would be much more appreciated. I think they should both get in eventually. Don Nelson shouldn't; I think he's a crazy genius, but is just so damn hung up on using a system that will never win a championship.

Yeah, I agree on those two -- Mullin and King eventually, but can't throw them in with the category of guys on this ballot for the first time.

There are few things sweeter than a 26 ppg '80s NBA forward!

As a Carolina fan, I love Big Game James -- but he's not necessarily more talented than guys who scored more but weren't on championship teams in that era.

pt.guard2

Guru
I agree. This year's class with Jordan, Stockton and Robinson is too tough to crack. Mullin did have a drinking problem early in his career but when he cleaned up, he had an all around sweet game to watch (good points, SoberWF and thanks for the link)

j41181

Master
Jordan, Stockton, and Robinson will make it, there's no doubt for a second on those three.

But, Mullin, and B. King? We'll have to give them a few more years. You see, unlike the 1st three mentioned, Mullin and King have had injury riddled careers, and it will take more time for experts to access how worthy they are for the Hall of Fame.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
below is a recent video compilation of some very interesting John Stockton stories from players who played with and against him, some of which i hadn’t heard before. John Stockton was the player i wanted to be growing up.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
To this day John Stockton is still number 1 in assists and steals for a career. Amazing to think about! Not to mention he played 19 years at a physical position where you have the ball most of the time which is
very fatiguing and can lead to injury. He was like Cal Ripken in Baseball as John Stockton was the Iron Man.

El Gringo

Mentor
Great video, really wish him and Malone could have pulled out a championship. If Jordan hadnt pushed off in the 98 finals they would have!

icsept

Master
Quite a year for John Stockton. First, he gets banned from Gonzaga home games for refusing to wear the shame muzzle. Then, he was ridiculed for making “bizarre, false claims” about the dangers of the experimental, MRNA jab. Now, he has been outed for writing a letter in support of a 1/6 “insurrectionist” that he personally knew.

John Stockton has always been my 2nd favorite basketball player, behind Larry Bird. He has officially vaulted to my GOAT status for pissing off the woke mob and having the courage and self-respect to stand up to the tyrannical lunatics who are attempting to destroy this country.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Quite a year for John Stockton. First, he gets banned from Gonzaga home games for refusing to wear the shame muzzle. Then, he was ridiculed for making “bizarre, false claims” about the dangers of the experimental, MRNA jab. Now, he has been outed for writing a letter in support of a 1/6 “insurrectionist” that he personally knew.

John Stockton has always been my 2nd favorite basketball player, behind Larry Bird. He has officially vaulted to my GOAT status for pissing off the woke mob and having the courage and self-respect to stand up to the tyrannical lunatics who are attempting to destroy this country.
A true hero, on and off the court!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Stockton is the goat at PG! and finally a White Athlete that is retired and doesn't give a **** about speaking his mind.