Joe Rogan v Carlos Mencia

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
For you guys that don't watch MMA, Joe Rogan of Fear Factor fame is an announcer for the UFC. A lot of people don't know that Rogan has also done standup comedy for years. Anyway, apparently Carlos Mencia aka "Ned" has been stealing material from other comedians for years. Rogan and Ned recently had a confrontation at a comedy club in LA.

You can check out the story on http://www.joerogan.net/main.php,

and watch the video here.

BTW, Carlos Mencia isn't Mexican like he portrays in his act, he is half-German and half-Honduran. His real name is Ned.

JoeV

Guru
I have heard Mencia say in his act that he is Honduran, but say we don't know the difference.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Ol' Joe needs to catch that fraud Mencia on stage & slap a nice, tight guillotine choke on tha boy & put his ass to sleep!
smiley2.gif
LOL

White Shogun said:
Anyway, apparently Carlos Mencia aka "Ned" has been stealing material from other comedians for years. Rogan and Ned recently had a confrontation at a comedy club in LA.

You're absolutely right Shogun, he's been jacking other comedians lines for years. One of his more recent victims is a very, very funny man by the name of Christopher Titus. Titus is known for using incidents from his not-so-great childhood to make audiences laugh hysterially. I've seen this man live, and he is a riot. Anyway, good ol' Ned would steal Titus' material, and then tweak it to fit his own style.For example, Titus tells this joke about how his father would let him learn things the hard way as a kid. One example would be the old "don't put your finger in the electrical socket" line. Mencia latched right onto this, and copied not only this bit, but others as well.

Oh well, as my father would say, "Well, its what hispanics do...they steal. What else is new?"
smiley36.gif
Edited by: Ground Fighter

Freedom

Mentor
Titus' dad was funnier on that Fox sitcom a few years ago, but Titus is pretty good. He uses the name Carlos Mencia to immediately be gratified "minority?" status for his racial humor. If he identified as a German in South America, well the other comedians would have mossad shoot him.
smiley1.gif

I've heard Colbert use the same bit about the immigrant fence. Comedians steal material all the time. Edited by: Freedom

Freedom said:
Titus' dad was funnier on that Fox sitcom a few years ago, but Titus is pretty good.

I was BEYOND PISSED when that show got cancelled. It was too funny. Rumor has it that it was taken off the air due to its "edgy" humor.

Translation: There is no room on t.v. for a White, Christian, male who tells it like it is...even on Fox.

I remember this one episode where Titus built his father a custom car, and it had a really bright, attention-grabbing paint job on it. When the father finally saw it, he was like, "My God, you built me a cop-magnet. I might as well be a black guy driving a giant donut."
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
Comedians steal material all the time.

That was Rogan's point. He said if a musician rips off the lyrics to a song, everybody knows about it and people get sued.

But comedians get their material jacked all the time. He said that you'll get an idea, and work on it for hours or days til it gets just right... and then listen backstage while some guy who was at your last show uses your joke on the audience just before you go out. He said it's like some guy boning your girlfriend in front of a cheering crowd while you sit back stage and listen.
smiley5.gif