Joe ****er Passes Away

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Joe ****er has passed away at age 70 of lung cancer. I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked the songs, "Up Where We Belong" and "You Are So Beautiful."

Described as having a raspy, soulful voice, "Up Where We Belong" was sung with Jennifer Warnes, and was a 80's hit as the theme song for the movie, "An Officer and a Gentleman." (A good movie)

Maybe some others here remember more of Joe ****er?

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Joe ****er has passed away at age 70 of lung cancer. I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked the songs, "Up Where We Belong" and "You Are So Beautiful."

Described as having a raspy, soulful voice, "Up Where We Belong" was sung with Jennifer Warnes, and was a 80's hit as the theme song for the movie, "An Officer and a Gentleman." (A good movie)

Maybe some others here remember more of Joe ****er?

Wow! Don't know why the *'s appear in this thread in place of Joe ****er's name.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Joe Cocker has passed away at age 70 of lung cancer. I wasn't a huge fan, but I liked the songs, "Up Where We Belong" and "You Are So Beautiful."

Maybe some others here remember more of Joe Cocker?
There's a way to fix it.

Just color one of the letters black: Cocker.

Last edited:

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
There's a way to fix it.

Just color on of the letters black.

C*O*C*K is one of the words censored by the sight along with **** and ****, and probably **** and ****.

Joe ****er was one of those working class blokes from England that got famous in rock and roll for his extremely raspy singing style. That kind of individual special music talent no longer gets signed by recording companies as the music biz has been swept into the MSM/Govt/Corp propaganda mill. And that mill churns out the same boring stuff year after year after year.

The music business model of selling recordings has also been wrecked by modern technology which makes it impossible to profit from original material as that material can be easily copied and distributed. And popular music has been split into so many genres that no single artist reaches a fraction of the people that a guy like Joe ****er did, and he was a marginal star at best.

What amazes me about guys like Joe ****er and Eric Clapton and Keith Richards, and others from the golden age of rock and roll is how the hell did they make it to 70+? These are guys that careened from one addiction to another, from excessive alcohol to heroin, with lots of pot, speed, and cigarettes mixed in. I think there must be a life affirming side to performing live music. Something with the artist and the audience that keeps them going. It really is amazing.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
C*O*C*K is one of the words censored by the sight along with **** and ****, and probably **** and ****.

Joe ****er was one of those working class blokes from England that got famous in rock and roll for his extremely raspy singing style. That kind of individual special music talent no longer gets signed by recording companies as the music biz has been swept into the MSM/Govt/Corp propaganda mill. And that mill churns out the same boring stuff year after year after year.

The music business model of selling recordings has also been wrecked by modern technology which makes it impossible to profit from original material as that material can be easily copied and distributed. And popular music has been split into so many genres that no single artist reaches a fraction of the people that a guy like Joe ****er did, and he was a marginal star at best.

What amazes me about guys like Joe ****er and Eric Clapton and Keith Richards, and others from the golden age of rock and roll is how the hell did they make it to 70+? These are guys that careened from one addiction to another, from excessive alcohol to heroin, with lots of pot, speed, and cigarettes mixed in. I think there must be a life affirming side to performing live music. Something with the artist and the audience that keeps them going. It really is amazing.

For every one who made it to his 70's, many died much younger, including often in their 20's and 30's. Richards and Ozzie Osbourne are lucky more than anything else, though Osbourne has been a semi-zombie for many years.

Clapton cleaned up his act a number of years ago, and I'm sure Richards parties, if at all, at a miniscule rate compared to his heyday. I don't know much about Joe ****er other than a few hit songs, I just remember his spasmic way of singing. Consuming prodigious amounts of drugs and alcohol eventually catches up to all but a few no matter their profession.

davidholly

Mentor

That's the thing about drug use. There are people who go their entire lives smoking, drinking and injecting everything into themselves but never seem to die from it. Then there are light smokers who get lung cancer or light drinkers who get kidney/liver failure. Genetics plays the biggest roll. For instance my grandfather was the biggest drunk you'll ever meet. I never once saw the guy without a beer in his hand. He had a brain aneurysm while walking to a bar and died shortly thereafter. After we donated his organs we learned that his kidneys and his liver we're in nearly perfect condition for someone his age.

Last edited:

werewolf

Hall of Famer

That's stoopid. Can't you fix it? I was recently unable to post a link because the man's name was Hanc o c k.