Jerry West has died

white is right

Hall of Famer
NBA legend Jerry West, The Logo has died at age 86.
I was going to defer to you on the posting of the topic.

One of the historically great players who was an all star every year he played in the league. There was nothing fancy about his play but he was nearly impossible to stop him getting off his shot. If he played with a 3 point line his scoring totals would have even been that much greater.

Then he had another career as a gm and later president that was at least the equal of his playing career.

Truly legendary, he will be missed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
When I was young, Jerry West was always mentioned as one of the top three or top five players in NBA history. RIP

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Most Career Points in NBA Finals​

Jerry West scored the most points in the NBA Finals in league history. He also recorded the most 30-point games in Finals history with 31.

PlayerPoints
Jerry West1,679
LeBron James1,562
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar1,317
Michael Jordan1,176

I regularly watched Jerry West during the 1960s on ABC's Game of the Week om Sunday afternoons. The Lakers were on it often, along with the Celtics and Wilt Chamberlain's Philadelphia 76ers. A Jerry West jump shot was a symbol of the NBA along with Wilt Chamberlain's dunk shot.

The top players of the era were Jerry West along with teammate Elgin Baylor, Oscar Robertson, Chamberlain, and Bill Russell.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
West was an all-timer who could’ve excelled in any era. That jump shot is textbook, perfect form and motion: