Jeff Gordon botches anthem

sunshine

Mentor
Nascar's cluelessJeff Gordon totally made a fool of himself singing the national anthem at Wrigley Field. Not since Ozzie Osborne has someone totatally screwed up. His biggest mistake was referring to the place as Wrigley Stadium--ughhh--which broughta deep groan from the faithful. Then he went on to sing horribly off key and out of sorts. NewND coach a no nonsense winner Charlie Wiess even poked fun of Gordon before he sang the anthem by joking" I am at Wrigley Field right". Guy can carry a tune too. ND will probablyimprove for a change with this guy at the helm. His play calling in the SBmade a huge difference. One other thing.Am I the only guy who wonders why anyone has to sing anything before ballgames etc?? I prefer "lets play ball" and skip the prelimanies". Gordon may have nothing on that Canadian gal who fell on her rear end on her second attempt at the American anthem at a junior hockey game in Canada. Marcil was her name I believe.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'd prefer people sing Dixie down South, but I guess that makes me weird. Sometimes it does seem out of place, as well as prayers that are said at events where everyone is getting full of beer. Kind of defeats the point and makes a mockery of it. I think sometimes it would be best of the national anthem is left off.