Jeff Carpenter

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jeff is a senior running back on the Boise State Team.He has been a solid running back when he has played but seems to always end up on the bench.Tonights game was just one more example.He had 1 carry for 67 yards and a touchdown.They never let him rush the ball for the rest of the game and Boise State was shut out.Why would you not let him touch it again?Maybe because he is a white running back.You think?It really makes me angry how these kids never get a true chance to be a starter.What a joke.Hellmandollar may not want to even come back next season.

Kaptain

Master
He had one other run for 29 yards that got called back on a holding call. The fact that Boise State is having one of its worst years in the past decade is due to their sudden move to nearly all blacks being used at the typical caste postions of RB, WR, and CB. They have really destroyed a once proud white team. How does Carpenter not get another carry after his 67 yard run? I see it happening to once great teams all the time - going black and sucking.
I think many coaches think: "Geez, I'm such a great coach that I even won with unathletic white players! If I get some brothers, I might go undefeated for years and win national titles!!! Yippeee!!!!
smiley17.gif

I watched a little of this game at a friend's house, and my
observations were a little different. Carpenter got the ball a
few more times -- including the nice run that was called back because
of a holding penalty. Boise State fell behind early, and they had
to throw the ball on virtually every down, in an effort to get back
into the game. Carpenter dropped at least one pass that would
have resulted in a first down.

Overall, though, the kid looks like an impressive player.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good topic, but shouldn't this be under college football stars? BTW, Jeff also had 2 catches for 9 yards.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Why is there a separate "College Football Stars" topic thread?
College players and teams should all be under sport-specific topic,
just as with all of the other sports.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Southern Knight said:
Why is there a separate "College Football Stars" topic thread? College players and teams should all be under sport-specific topic,just as with all of the other sports.

What he said.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, it would ease the confusion, but the amount of posts that would be on the one board would make it hard to keep up with. The topics would change so often. Whatever we use, I'll try to work within it. I'm just glad I have somewhere to post!

Kaptain

Master
Southern Knight said:
I watched a little of this game at a friend's house, and my
observations were a little different.  Carpenter got the ball a
few more times -- including the nice run that was called back because
of a holding penalty.  Boise State fell behind early, and they had
to throw the ball on virtually every down, in an effort to get back
into the game. 

Nope, Carpenter only had the one carry along with the one called back. The black RB's on the team got 12 carries. Quite a difference. I think that if you checked Boise's stats for the season that this is pretty typical - win or lose.

Kaptain

Master
Boise State's rushing this year: Note Carpenter only has 35 rushing attempts, but has the best Yards per carry with 7.1. Marks, Johnson, and Carter are all brothas.
RUSHING
Player GP RUSH RUYD RUYA RUTD
Lee Marks 10 103 568 5.5 4
Ian Johnson 10 100 549 5.5 3
Antwaun Carter 10 79 338 4.3 9
Jared Zabransky 10 83 247 3 8
Jeff Carpenter 10 35 247 7.1 3