Ivan Golub

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Ivan Golub, age 25, is another talented middleweight up-and-comer from Ukraine. He had an outstanding amateur record. He's now 4-0 as a pro.

Last edited:

The Truth

That Jamontay Clark fight was the biggest robbery I've ever seen in boxing. Golub won every round clearly!

Golub is a top fighter I've always been very impressed with him since I first saw him go undefeated in that classic Ukraine WSB team alongside Loma, Usyk etc. Hecould
definitely make noise at welterweight but he's so inactive and poorly managed/promoted. I hope hes not gonna be another EE wasted talent but it looks that way as hes 32. A lot of these top Ukrainians and Russians just don't get the opportunities in the USA. He needs to get the hell away from Lou DiBella ASAP!

Truthman

Guru
Golub won the other day, can't find a video of it.

What's interesting is these comments by Lou Di Bella..

“He has been one of the most overlooked, unlucky, quality fighters in boxing,” DiBella told The Ring Wednesday afternoon. “He was released by PBC (Premier Boxing Champions) after getting robbed [against Clark] in a clear victory. [It was] a dirty, inexplicable decision. He is really undefeated and should be very highly ranked.

“With most welterweights being on one platform, it has been very difficult to secure him an opportunity. His chance is overdue and we will be working overtime to secure it after a big win this week.

“We offered Golub to 30 fighters, literally, who (all) turned Thursday night’s fight down.

Unbelievable that he was released by PBC after that robbery versus Clark! Seemed they robbed him to get rid of him. They don't want top European fighters over there