Isiah’s Double Dribble

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Funny, but sadly typical:
<H1>ISIAH'S DOUBLE DRIBBLE</H1>
<H2>SAYS IT'S OK FOR BLACK MAN TO CALL BLACK WOMAN A BITCH, BUT WHITE MAN CAN'T</H2>

White men better not call a black woman "bitch''around Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, but if black men do it well, that's fair game.

Article: [url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/09172007/news/regionalnews/isiah s_double_dribble.htm[/url]

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
White men better not call a black woman "bitch''around Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, but if black men do it well, that's fair game.

What would be the fate of a whitepublic figurewho said it's okay for white men to calla white woman "bitch" , but a black man better not??

yanling

Guru
He was never that good of a baskeball player, especially in an era that featured Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and a young Michael Jordan.

I always caught weird vibes from Isaiah Thomas -- he always came across as being kind of gay. Magic Johnson came across as gay too, especially that time at the all-star game where they kissed each other on the cheek at half court. True story.Edited by: yanling

Lance Alworth

Mentor
He was the clown that said "if Larry Bird were black, he would be just an average player" or something like that. I think he was jealous because Bird's Celtics had knocked his Pistons out of the playoffs. That was YEARS ago when I actually followed basketball. I haven't watched the NBA in about 15 years, and things like this are the reason why.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Lance Alworth said:
He was the clown that said "if Larry Bird were black, he would be just an average player" or something like that. I think he was jealous because Bird's Celtics had knocked his Pistons out of the playoffs. That was YEARS ago when I actually followed basketball. I haven't watched the NBA in about 15 years, and things like this are the reason why.

Thomas couldn't hold John Stockton or Pete Maravich's jockstraps on his best day...much less the greatest basketball player in the history of the game Larry "Legend" Bird. Thomas was vastly overrated, whereas it was guys like the underrated Bill Laimbeer that were the (true) heart/soul of the Pistons!

yanling

Guru
DixieDestroyer said:
Lance Alworth said:

Thomas couldn't hold John Stockton or Pete Maravich's jockstraps on his best day...much less the greatest basketball player in the history of the game Larry "Legend" Bird. Thomas was vastly overrated, whereas it was guys like the underrated Bill Laimbeer that were the (true) heart/soul of the Pistons!

Bill Lambeer is unique because he's a "dirty player" but you only notice it because he's white. If he were black such thugishness would be expected and applauded.

The knicks hated Lambeer because of that one day he clocked Anthony Mason in the face for fouling him.