Is Fedor Still the Best?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
For ya'll MMA enthusiasts out there, what's your take on Pride HW champ Fedor Emelianenko? Amongst many MMA fan circles (Sherdog, etc.) he seems to be the consensus best fighter. As far as the very best, where would ya'll rate Fedor (& who else in the top 5)? "Minotauro" Nogueira is a top contender, but lost to Josh Barnett last year (another top flight fighter). What say ya'll?

dkr77

Guru
Fedor is still #1 at this time. There are a few up and comers that look to have promise. Hardonk impressed me for sheer raw talent in his UFC debut. He has size and looked very sound in striking. Cro Cop of course has a chance even though he has lost twice before to Fedor. Fedor's brother, Aleksander, looks pretty sharp but I doubt we would ever see the two fight, and if they did my money would be on Fedor. Many people don't care for Tim Sylvia but I personally believe he could beat anyone on a good night. Tim has to cut weight to make the 265 lb limit and he stands 6'-5" or so. Anyone that big who possess's the power and determination he has is a dangerous fight for any heavyweight, including Fedor. Then you always have tried and true veterans like, Barnett, Noguiera, Monson-who I'm not overly impressed with and Arlovski. I'm sure there are other's but I simply can't think of them now.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Fedor is #1 til someone else beats him, period.

Cro Cop is # 2.

I'd take Barnett at # 3, Nog # 4.. and all the rest fall in line somewhere after that.
smiley17.gif

Gary

Mentor
Fedor is I believe the toughest man on earth and as White Shogun said Fedor is the best until someone beats him. I'll take Fedor as my personal bodyguard anyday. Mark Coleman is a tough guy also but Fedor beat him. Ken Shamrock was very tough in his prime.