Injuries

I am a mild baseball fan. I follow the Red Sox but mostly by box score unless they are playing the Yankees then I try to watch most rivalry games. I just don't get ( other than starting pitchers ) why there are so many injuries in the game. For the most part irs a no contact sport but dudes are always on the 60 day disabled list for a sore hamstring. Every year it seems like a myriad of players are out for the littlest thing. It's very off putting as football, hockey and even rugby players are by far tougher athletes. Maybe it's also the hugely inflated salaries but that is another story as to why many fans are tuning out the sport.

Flint

Mentor
Baseball is a grind game. Lasts 6 months, play every day. Can’t really compare it to other sports. Most injuries even in other sports aren’t contact related but are due to sudden bursts which baseball has a lot of.

I think weight training also contributes (as does steroids) because ligaments are not made to support that much muscle.

Perhaps most importantly guys are rich. Most contracts set them up for life. It’s a lot easier to sit until you are over 100% healed. Back in the day those guys were working for food on the table. Miss a few games and someone else got your job. Much different dynamic.

Oh and people are pussies now so that’s a big part of it.