Impeach Bush says Buchanan

Bart

Hall of Famer
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=520 19[/url]

Posted: September 17, 2006
4:26 p.m. Eastern
©2006WorldNetDaily.com

Author Pat Buchanan says President Bush should be impeached for failing to stop the invasion of illegal aliens across the U.S. border with Mexico.

"I think he's committed an impeachable offense in refusing to enforce the immigration laws and in failing to uphold the Constitution by defending the states against this invasion,"Buchanan told radio talk-show host Curt Smith this weekend on National Public Radio stations in upstate New York.

"When you have 6 million people apprehended on the border and several million got in on your watch - and you have the ability to stop it - I think you're derelict in your duty," he said. "And if the president says 'I can't do it,' you need a new president who will do it."

"This is not Ellis Island," said Buchanan. "This is an invasion."

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man does this guy have guts.I really like his style.He is probably a little extreme for most,but he is the type of leader that this country needs.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I like Pat a lot to whitelightning! I dont agree with him on everything he has said in the past, but I often tell people he is who I am closest to politically, that is, of the people they have heard of.

bigunreal

Mentor
I like Pat a lot, but he still tries to walk the thin line between populist outsider and "conservative" republican. A few months back, he was claiming that Bush should throw critics of the war into jail like Lincoln did during the war of northern aggression. Unfortunately, Pat's political career, such as it was, was ended by the mainstream media in 2000. As I tell my mother-in-law and other oldersters who complain about all the "foreigners" in our midst, "you had a chance to vote for someone who would have done something about it" in Pat Buchanan. Assuming they counted the votes (which is no gimme), only 1% of Americans (who in large numbers supposedly want to address our immigration problem) voted for him.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
bigunreal, I know what you mean. I think its good to have voices like his who get mainstream exposure so people can get a glimpse of what is really going on. In other words, there needs to be someone who can act as a bridge to those who might not understand real conservatism and who might not otherwise listen to anyone who is totally on the inside of conservatism or nationalism. Its just like with this site. We all know people who would listen to what we say about anti-white discrimination in sports and society, but might not listen to someone else say the same thing to them. Pat is in a position to make a lot more people aware of the truth than anyone else, even if he is off on a few issues.

JD074

Master
white lightning said:
Man does this guy have guts.I really like his style.He is probably a little extreme for most,but he is the type of leader that this country needs.

Extreme... well, they'll get over it. When America becomes a Third World country, they'll become extreme, too. Buchanan is just ahead of the curve, and so are we.

Being called extreme or, better yet, an "extremist," is a badge of honor. "Extremist" is just a smear that is used on people who don't conform, like "anti-Semite" or "racist." I say, be proud of being extreme! Moderation is cowardice!

Bronk

Mentor
bigunreal said:
A few months back, he was claiming that Bush should throw critics of the war into jail like Lincoln did during the war of northern aggression.

What? I'd like to see a link to that. Pat has been against the war in Iraq since the start. Please show me where he advocated tossing anti-war protesters into the clink.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Wow, right on Pat! That is just how I feel about it. He really has some cajones. I wish he'd run again, just so I could vote for him.