Idiot Bengals Draft Bernard Scott

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Guys- I think we should begin starting threads of some of the outright ludicrous draft picks by NFL teams in this forum for evidence sake. I already mentioned Gartrell Johnson and Jairus Byrd getting the help of black skin privilege, but here's another pertinent example.

Read the following evidence from NFLdraftscout- and tell me how Bernard Scott, who is much less of an athletic prospect than Danny Woodhead (Woodhead's a 2 time Harlon Hill trophy winning prospect from last years draft) was drafted while Woodhead had to go the UFA route. Scott is 3 inches taller than Woodhead, but is also leaner- he's listed as the same weight as Woodhead. The only advantage this guy has is power, but I thought the NFL claims to be more obsessed with speed and agility-right Blacksimus= Texas Tech?

From NFLdraftscout>
04/28/2009 - A closer look at the Bengals' picks: Round 6/209 -- Bernard Scott, RB, 5-11, 200, Abilene Christian...There's no denying the talent of the Abilene Christian running back. He won the Harlon Hill Award, given to the best player in Division II, this past season after rushing for 2,156 yards and 28 touchdowns while also having six receiving touchdowns. However, it's the off-the-field issues that raise questions. He has reportedly been "ARRESTED AT LEAST 5 TIMES" and served probation for allegedly giving false information to a police officer during a 2007 arrest.
(I guess black "coach" Marvin Lewis wants another Chris Henry on his hands.)

NFL scouts will say Scott is not really fast, big or strong. But he is simply one of the most productive runners in college football history.

The 2008 Harlon Hill Trophy winner and two-time AP Little All-American rushed for 4,321 yards and 63 touchdowns from 2007-08, adding 93 receptions for 1,391 yards and 10 scores. That doesn't even take into consideration his All-American 2006 season at Blinn JC (1,892 yards, 27 TDs) and a freshman year (played at Central Arkansas, from which his current ACU head coach came) in which he gained 1,026 yards and 11 touchdowns.

However, his checkered past may catch up with him. He was kicked off his high school team for being part of a fight off campus, dismissed from Central Arkansas for - among other things - hitting a coach and has had multiple additional run-ins with police.

Scott's combination of excellent vision and quick feet make him a fourth-round talent. But character issues will require a strong recommendation of Scott's improved maturity (he did turn 25 in February) from coaches. That could get him a late-round selection or priority free agent call.

Analysis
Positives: Excellent burst through the hole, and hits it hard. Very good vision, and usually finds the best running lane. Uses that vision and excellent footwork to pick his way through traffic. Sidesteps defenders in the hole. Patient runner inside or on the edge who will wait for blocks to develop before hitting the gas. Runs with a nice lean and low center of gravity, getting through arm tackles in traffic or in space. Keeps legs churning inside; puts his hand on the ground to maintain balance and get more yards. Excellent hands for the reception and makes the first man miss. Quick to get into his route, and fast in and out of his cut.

Negatives: A bit leaner than most NFL teams like in their backs, although he runs low enough to handle a pounding. Runs with the ball in his left hand heading in either direction. Good second gear but lacks the elite third gear. Lack of experience in pass protection will be a concern as a third-down back. Major character issues and over-aged for a rookie running back.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

My take: So all the evidence says that Danny Woodhead is much faster, is quicker (Woodhead has the 3rd best 10 yard dash of all time compared to the Combine archives after Eric Weddle and Chris Johnson), more agile, has no character problems (compared to a huge rap sheet for this guy) had a slightly more productive college career overall and is even as good of a blocker- Woodhead has youth while this guy is already 25, but Woodhead goes undrafted. Only in America people.
smiley7.gif

This pick may be worse than the Gartrell Johnson pick. Tyler Roehl, Stan Zwinggi, Julian Edelman- even Nate Kmic should all have been considered better RB prospects than this guy now that I have learned the whole picture. Kyle Bell and Eric Kettani also have more upside, but have a military commitment and injury questions respectively.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Guys- I think we should begin starting threads of some of the outright ludicrous draft picks by NFL teams in this forum for evidence sake. I already mentioned Gartrell Johnson and Jairus Byrd getting the help of black skin privilege, but here's another pertinent example.

Read the following evidence from NFLdraftscout- and tell me how Bernard Scott, who is much less of an athletic prospect than Danny Woodhead was drafted while Woodhead had to go the UFA route. Scott is 3 inches taller than Woodhead, but is also leaner- he's listed as the same weight as Woodhead. The only advantage this guy has is power, but I thought the NFL claims to be more obsessed with speed right Blacksimus= Texas Tech?

From NFLdraftscout>
04/28/2009 - A closer look at the Bengals' picks: Round 6/209 -- Bernard Scott, RB, 5-11, 200, Abilene Christian...There's no denying the talent of the Abilene Christian running back. He won the Harlon Hill Award, given to the best player in Division II, this past season after rushing for 2,156 yards and 28 touchdowns while also having six receiving touchdowns. However, it's the off-the-field issues that raise questions. He has reportedly been "ARRESTED AT LEAST 5 TIMES" and served probation for allegedly giving false information to a police officer during a 2007 arrest.
(I guess black "coach" Marvin Lewis wants another Chris Henry on his hands.)

NFL scouts will say Scott is not really fast, big or strong. But he is simply one of the most productive runners in college football history.

The 2008 Harlon Hill Trophy winner and two-time AP Little All-American rushed for 4,321 yards and 63 touchdowns from 2007-08, adding 93 receptions for 1,391 yards and 10 scores. That doesn't even take into consideration his All-American 2006 season at Blinn JC (1,892 yards, 27 TDs) and a freshman year (played at Central Arkansas, from which his current ACU head coach came) in which he gained 1,026 yards and 11 touchdowns.

However, his checkered past may catch up with him. He was kicked off his high school team for being part of a fight off campus, dismissed from Central Arkansas for - among other things - hitting a coach and has had multiple additional run-ins with police.

Scott's combination of excellent vision and quick feet make him a fourth-round talent. But character issues will require a strong recommendation of Scott's improved maturity (he did turn 25 in February) from coaches. That could get him a late-round selection or priority free agent call.

Analysis
Positives: Excellent burst through the hole, and hits it hard. Very good vision, and usually finds the best running lane. Uses that vision and excellent footwork to pick his way through traffic. Sidesteps defenders in the hole. Patient runner inside or on the edge who will wait for blocks to develop before hitting the gas. Runs with a nice lean and low center of gravity, getting through arm tackles in traffic or in space. Keeps legs churning inside; puts his hand on the ground to maintain balance and get more yards. Excellent hands for the reception and makes the first man miss. Quick to get into his route, and fast in and out of his cut.

Negatives: A bit leaner than most NFL teams like in their backs, although he runs low enough to handle a pounding. Runs with the ball in his left hand heading in either direction. Good second gear but lacks the elite third gear. Lack of experience in pass protection will be a concern as a third-down back. Major character issues and over-aged for a rookie running back.
------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

My take: So all the evidence says that Danny Woodhead is much faster, is quicker (Woodhead has the 3rd best 10 yard dash of all time compared to the Combine archives after Eric Weddle and Chris Johnson), more agile, has no character problems (compared to a huge rap sheet for this guy) had a slightly more productive college career overall and is even as good of a blocker- Woodhead has youth while this guy is already 25, but Woodhead goes undrafted. Only in America people.
smiley7.gif

This pick may be worse than the Gartrell Johnson pick. Tyler Roehl, Stan Zwinggi, Julian Edelman- even Nate Kmic should all have been considered better RB prospects than this guy now that I have learned the whole picture. Kyle Bell and Eric Kettani also have more upside, but have a military commitment and injury questions respectively.

Tough J I found an article that more than half of NFL players are obese. [url]http://playershealth.blogspot.com/2006/11/many-nfl-players-f atter-than-couch.html[/url]

green fire317

Banned
is it true that whites have an advantage in the ten yard dash? i believe i read that somewhere and i was wondering if any of you guys knew the answer.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yes, it appears whites have a slight 10 yard dash advantage. I've looked at enough 10 yard dashes on NFLdraftscout.com for same sized whites and blacks at the same position. Whites definitely seem to AVERAGE better when you compare the top 10 similar sized white and black prospects at positions.

Eric Weddle has the number 2 10 yard clip of all-time in the NFLdraftscout Combine archives of 1.43 (Chris Johnson just beat it in '08 with a ridiculous 1.4 flat). Danny Woodhead ran a 1.44 10 yard clip at his Pro Day. Even big powerful Jacob Hester ran the same 10 yard clip as Darren McFadden of 1.5 flat!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
smiley7.gif

I don't think you understand, they want the thugs. They think those guys are tough, animalistic, willing to do ANYTHING to suceed. White coaches hate polite, well behaved white players, they think they're soft, they want the ones that commit crimes and have social problems. There is no other reason to explain why these social misfits are so desirable.