I wish you a Happy Holiday?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I thought it was I wish you a Merry Christmas? They sung it "Happy Holiday" on this car commercial I just saw and it didn't sound right. Don't mess with Christmas! PCism have gone too far.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, several big name department stores like Sears have changed the name of their Christmas wishbook, greeting signs, commercials etc. to better reflect the God-less direction we have allowed political correctness to take this country. I know JC Penney and Dillards are both keeping Christ in Christmas in their ads, so good for them.
smiley32.gif

White_Savage

Mentor
Well, I still blame the Romish church for inserting Christ into our Germanic Yule in the first place, (come on guys, you didn't think those evergreen trees, magic rings (wreaths) and rebirth rituals (burning a log, then putting up a tree) were Judeo-Christian did ya?
smiley4.gif
)

But by the Gods, people who have no actual Mid-Winter festival cause they come from a climate without Winter, can take their objections to our holidays, whether they be Christ-Mass, Yule, Samhain, All-Saints, or Klan day, and stuff 'em, as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, saw Pat Robertson on the bood tube critcizing Kwanza the other day. It was wierd. Kwanza IS a fraud of a pseudo-marxist with thinly disguised marxist principals inserted in,I'll give him that. But then we hear Robertson's pet negro complaining that Kwanza promotes "separatism" of blacks from Whites. And I say, "good for 'em". Then he asks"What if Whites wanted a specifically "White" holiday to celebrate?" Silly me, I thought wed DID have specifically White holidays originally called Samhain, Yule, Eostre, Beltain, etc,-or did one upon a time before we decided we'd let everyone else screw us over. And then I find out Kwanza is bad because it makes no mention of Jesus Christ. Again, this is true, BUT, I notice Chanakha gets left out of the criticism, even though the attitude of it's celibrants isn't just neutral to Jeezus, but positively hostile. But I guess pointing that out would violate the 11th commandment, "Thou shalt not criticize the (self)Chosen"

JD074

Master
Yeah, I'm not a Christian (although becoming more sympathetic, I must say,) and I'm offended by this PC garbage. It's an all-out war against every aspect of our culture, heritage, history, values, etc. Then again, I can't be mad at them for being so successful at tearing down everything white. It's our fault for being so darned unsuccessful at resisting them.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
The modern day observance of Christmas has strayed far from its original religious roots. I should think that fellows like white_savage would not have much of a problem observing the "new" Christmas.

1) Christmas is a relatively new holiday. Nearly all of the common customs, songs, presents, trees, Santa, reindeer, etc. have been developed within the last 100 years.

2) Virtually all of the ancient Celtic or Germanic aspects of the holiday are more celebrated then the religious aspect. As WS mentioned, evergreen trees, magic rings (wreaths) and rebirth rituals (burning a log, then putting up a tree, are nearly more popular then celebrating the birth of Christ.

3) The idea of giving presents is a recent development. After all who celebrates the birthday of someone by giving presents to somebody else. And Christianity is anti-materialistic in the extreme anyway.

The war on Christmas is all about striking out at white culture. Everything about Christmas is from European culture. From the pagan holidays and symbols to the way in which Jesus is worshipped. Thus lashing out at it is lashing out at white culture. I'm sure that is why even non-religious white people who are racially aware are angered by the attacks.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Christmas is offensive to certain groups, separation of church and state you know , so it must be phased out to make way for ... Menorahs and Hannukah.

[url]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.haaretzdai ly.com/hasite/images/iht_daily/D251201/bush_hanukkah1012reu. jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/Sh Art.jhtml%3FitemNo%3D110141%26displayTypeCd%3D1%26sideCd%3D1 %26contrassID%3D2&h=158&w=245&sz=8&tbnid=kJQ C1vcbnQsJ:&tbnh=67&tbnw=105&hl=en&start=19&a mp;prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgeorge%2BBush%2B%252B%2Bmenorah%26svnu m%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN [/url]

bush_hanukkah1012reu.jpg

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<T>
<TR>
<TD =t18B vAlign=top colSpan=2>Background / Bush earns increased support from U.S. Jews</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
0.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =t11B vAlign=top colSpan=2>By Nathan Guttman, Ha'aretz Correspondent in Washington</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>
0.gif
</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD colSpan=3>
About two weeks ago, President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, hosted a group of American Jewish leaders for a Hanukkah candle-lighting ceremony in the White House. The guests left the event lavishly praising the president over the warmth he had demonstrated toward the Jews and the knowledge he had displayed regarding Israel.

Bush lit an ancient Hanukkah menorah, which had been loaned from the Jewish Museum in New York. Those present were served kosher food and holiday songs were played in the background.

Beyond the adoration the Jewish leaders showed toward Bush, a new survey might indicate the beginning of a political shift among American Jews - from massive support for the Democrats to backing for him and the Republicans.

</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Personally, I wish the whole commercial aspect of the holiday WOULD go away. I hate holiday crowds, the fake sincerity, and blatant displays of greed. I hate the commercials and advertisements that blare at me 24/7 to buy this or that trinket made in China, to give money away to organizations that spend 99% of their donations on 'administrative costs' and the constant pleas to help the "less fortunate", who I find are mostly defined by people who can work but won't, have 8 children when they can afford none but expect the rest of us to provide their kids with Nintendo games and bicycles, and don't let anybody see you griping about giving! No SIR!

I have actually seen charitable groups where I live seeking gifts valued at $25 or more for kids who are supposed to be poor and underprivileged. But when you see their pictures, they're all obese, wearing Nikes and sports jerseys. That stuff ain't cheap. They let these kids make lists of things that they want, which inevitably include the top titles in new video games. I ask you - how poor is this kids family if they can afford a $200 device to play video games? He needs a present that bad - hock that machine and buy them some damn clothes!

And I'm sick of the whole PC holiday BS that we have to put up with. I'm sick of whiners and cry babies who get upset when someone says Merry Christmas, and I get sick of hearing how everyone hates Christians at the same time. Personally, I don't see why the government should sponsor nativity scenes anyway. Or menorahs or anything else, either. The stores should do what they want, providing what they think the majority of their customers want in holiday greetings and merchandise. And once that store decides, everyone else should leave 'em the hell alone. You don't like the fact they say Merry Christmas? SHOP ELSEWHERE. Don't like Happy Holidays? SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Better yet, buy online. Do it while you can before the goverment starts levying taxes on that, too.

Earl_Cerberus

3) The idea of giving presents is a recent development.

As a European-American Pagan I can tell you that it most certainly IS NOT.

One of the dieties that influenced the archetype we call 'Santa Claus' (there appear to be 2-3 dieties or actual historical personages who have 'melded' to create this archetype) was a Pagan Diety called Heimdallr. He gave presents to children, but only gave them to the fairest ones.

In todays world of insane mutli-culturalism and anti-Whiteness if one only gives to the fairest that is called racism so Santa Claus was originally a *gasp* racist.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Has no one ever heard of St. Nicholas? The three wise men? These are two origins of gift giving that are much older than 1900.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Yesterday at the White House Georgeagain honors Hannukah and it's religious and spiritual significance to Jews. http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=57717

WASHINGTON,12/6/2005 6:15:00 PM/U.S. Newswire/ -- Following is a transcript of remarks by President Bush at the Hanukkah reception:

5:37 p.m. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Welcome to the White House. Laura and I are glad you're here, and we're glad to be here to celebrate the festival of Hanukkah. Hanukkah begins later this month; it's a time to remember the story of a miracle once witnessed in the holy temple in Jerusalem.

More than 2,000 years ago, the ancient land of Israel was conquered, and Jewish people were forbidden to pray, observe their religious customs, or study the Torah. In response, a patriot named Judah Maccabee led a revolt against the enemy army. Their numbers were small, yet their courage in defense of their faith was powerful -- and they were triumphant.

When the Maccabees returned to reclaim their holy temple, the oil that should have lasted only one day instead burned for eight days. During Hanukkah, Jews across the world signify this miracle by lighting the menorah. This act commemorates the victory of freedom over oppression, and of hope shining through darkness. Today, that light still burns in Jewish homes and synagogues everywhere. And, today, that light will burn here in the White House.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Contrast the above story to the situation last year at the White House, where references to the Christmas Creche and Jesus were eliminated, focusing on Santa instead.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=420 27

©2004WorldNetDaily.com

<TABLE align=right><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width=200>
Bushcarols.jpg

Santa Claus joins President and Laura Bush in singing carols at the White House</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

WASHINGTON - What's virtually missing from the White House commemoration of Christmas this year?

Jesus.

The little baby in the manger.

The reason for the season.

While President Bush was re-elected last month in an election victory many attributed to an outpouring of support by evangelical Christians impressed with his candid outspokenness about his faith, some Americans notice the White House website lacks even a single mention of Jesus, whose birth is celebrated by hundreds of millions worldwide Dec. 25.

The official White House site proclaims this as the "Season of Merriment and Melody" - not the birth of the Savior of the world. Edited by: Bart

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This whole trend really does make me sad.
smiley19.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Maybe its another of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Bart

Hall of Famer
While Bushis happily engaged in offending the foolish Christians who support him, he caters to and accommodates Jews at every turn. Hannukah and kosher dietary laws are part and parcel of Jewish religious practices.

http://www.jewishtelegraph.co.uk/world_4.html

LAURA Bush is joined by rabbis and staff in making the White House kitchen kosher

kosherwhitehouse.jpg

whiteCB

Master
Bush is a hypocratic idiot who plays the religion card to a T. He's so good at it that Evangelicals don't even get the least bit mad when he lights a menorah. How does this man get way with this crap?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
MERRY CHRISMAHANNAKWANZADAN!
smiley9.gif

smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I thought it was "Happy Ramahannakwanzmas"

JoeV

Guru
Bear-Arms said:
I thought it was I wish you a Merry Christmas? They sung it "Happy Holiday" on this car commercial I just saw and it didn't sound right. Don't mess with Christmas! PCism have gone too far.

I just saw this commercial for the first time tonight, it is for Honda, they actually say "We wish you a Happy Honda-days." I think its the same commercial you are talking about.

GWTJ

Mentor
My wife and I are having a blast saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone. We're saying it to people at work and when we go shopping we say it to the salespeople and other customers. We have gotten some momentary stares but almost all the people we say it to are saying "Merry Christmas" back to us.
smiley32.gif

G

Sad times we live in when we can't even recognize a holiday for what it is. Does it not say Christmas right on our calender?? Is there another reason why kids get out of school and we get a few days off work? If people get offended by us Christains having a holiday to celebrate, then they can get the hel out. Bush is just so stupid, I come to expect it from him, but hopefully most people have more sense than him. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! Edited by: mr.wonderfull