I think I called it?

Freedom

Mentor
Sorry, don't mean to brag. A little more than a year ago I said, in my first post, that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were considered to be "artists" more than athletes.

Al Michaels compared the game between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to "Vango and Michaelangelo in a "paintoff"."

Ain't that degrating. No offense to artists, but I think this is about pussifying whites.Edited by: Freedom

I can see what you're saying, but comparing them to two of the greatest and most skilled artists in history isn't very degrading. It's pretty much acknowledged that not all QBs are necessarily the strongest or fastest, and that their intelligence is many times their most important trait.

With that in mind, I think it was merely a very good compliment.

Now, if Michaels were to have called Dallas Clark 'artsy' in any way, then I'd agree
smiley17.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I remember hearing the term "aerial artist" to describe several different QBs over the years.

Hey Freedom, not to be nitpicky, but your first post couldn't have been more than a year ago unless you were under a different screen name.
smiley36.gif

Freedom

Mentor
Yeah, you're right. I started reading before I registered.
Roughly the same time though. I couldn't find it, where I said they tried to make QBs look unathletic in the first post. I must have deleted it when I edited it.

Oh well, ignore the thread.Edited by: Freedom

Brady was more like Jackson Pollock with the crap he threw around last
night.

pt.guard2

Guru
Do not think it is insulting at all or an attempt to make these guys seem less athletic.

Many sportswriters and sports historians have used the term "artist" to describe an athlete who is at the top of his game. I have heard both Joe Dimaggio and Sugar Ray Robinson described in such a fashion, to name a couple of examples who would certainly never be called unathletic.

xc1427

Being referred to an "artist" in the 1970's, in the sports world was a good of a compliment as you could get. Maybe, history is repeating itself. If it is, then great. However, the media's constant degradation of white athletes makes me wonder about double entendres and/or outright stupidity.